LG Cosmos Touch LIGHTS UP MY LIFE (bad)
andreabeans

Same problem as others.  Have the latest software on the phone, have all Apps deleted except Backup Assistant and Daily Scoop.  Daily Scoop will not delete as others have stated.

My phone randomly brings up the "Browse & Download" screen a couple times per day.  This either fully lights up the display or just the backlight, either way draining the battery (especially overnight).

Does removing Data block and then emailing vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com help the situation?

This phone has been an annoyance since day one.

regards,

ab

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos Touch LIGHTS UP MY LIFE (bad)
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello andreabeans-

I want to take the time to thank you for visiting the Verizon forum.

We have had others call in & post the same issues you are having with the backlight intermittently coming on at random times, thus draining the battery. LG is actually in the process of testing LG Cosmos phones and working on a resolution.

As for the daily scoop, it is a pre-installed application and can't be removed. However, if you choose not to receive Daily Scoop updates, you can turn it off or unsubscribe by 

• Launch Daily Scoop
  • Select Menu>Options>Verizon Messages
  • Choose OFF & Save
  • Repeat the same steps for Menu>Options>Bonus Messages

If you do choose to suspend a Daily Scoop account, you will be able to email vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com

Please keep in mind the Daily Scoop and the back light are 2 different concerns. So, to reiterate, LG is working on the backlight & I have given the steps on stopping alerts for Daily Scoop.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello andreabeans-

I want to take the time to thank you for visiting the Verizon forum.

We have had others call in & post the same issues you are having with the backlight intermittently coming on at random times, thus draining the battery. LG is actually in the process of testing LG Cosmos phones and working on a resolution.

As for the daily scoop, it is a pre-installed application and can't be removed. However, if you choose not to receive Daily Scoop updates, you can turn it off or unsubscribe by 

• Launch Daily Scoop
  • Choose OFF & Save

If you do choose to suspend a Daily Scoop account, you will be able to email vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com

Please keep in mind the Daily Scoop and the back light are 2 different concerns. So, to reiterate, LG is working on the backlight & I have given the steps on stopping alerts for Daily Scoop.

0 Likes
gggm

I have the same phone and the same problem.  I asked you guys about it months ago, and after several attempts that did not work, was told to wait for a software up date.  Meanwhile, my phone lights itself up multiple times a day and overnight, killing the battery.  Is there a solution yet, OR SHOULD I JUST KEEP WAITING, DISSATISFIED W THE PRODUCT AND SERVICE?????

Please, no more appoligies or sympathitic responses..... all I'm asking for is for a solution!

0 Likes
copsmom

I totally agree with you, gggm.  I am tired of Verizon harassing me through this phone.  Yes, I feel that those of us who have this phone and no data plan are being harassed to "Browse and Download" thus resulting in giving more money to Verizon.  I have blocked most of the data, so I don't worry too much about accidentally connecting and being charged for it.  However, this harassment needs to stop.  I am not buying another LG product and my time with Verizon is quickly drawing to a close.

0 Likes
LG Cosmos Touch - Bing ad won't leave me alone
scowei

I don't get the Daily Scoop thing, but twice a day I do get a spontaneous ad for "Bing for mobile." Talks to me and goes through a slide show. How can I stop that from happening?

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Bing ad won't leave me alone
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

scowei wrote:

I don't get the Daily Scoop thing, but twice a day I do get a spontaneous ad for "Bing for mobile." Talks to me and goes through a slide show. How can I stop that from happening?

Hi scowei! I do understand that you are not interested in the Bing for Mobile ad. Have you tried to disable the ad using the process described by TamaraH earlier in this page? If not, please try it! This is the process we have been giving customers to disable that ad! 

0 Likes
scowei

It doesn't work, unless I'm not understanding exactly what to do.

I launch the Bing search application...it runs through it's 30 second commercial (screens profiling different aspects of Bing search)...then ends on a page that has only one button that says "Get." There is no menu link or icon at any point during this process. There is no "no thanks" (or something like that) button.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Well, the suggestion isn't t to launch the Bing for Mobile application. We believe that the alerts are actually coming from the Daily Scoop application. As TamaraH states:

Daily Scoop is a pre-installed application and can't be removed. However, if you choose not to receive Daily Scoop updates, you can turn it off or unsubscribe by:

• Launching Daily Scoop
  • Choose OFF & Save

I recommend trying this procedure!

0 Likes
gggm

Tried all of this.  My problem still exists!

0 Likes
scowei

And how am I supposed to launch the Daily Scoop application? I don't see anything named "Daily Scoop" in my apps or in any sub-menu of my apps, or anywhere else on my phone. And I don't get any "Daily Scoop" advertisements, just Bing ads.

0 Likes