LG Cosmos Touch - Light keeps coming on.
TByrdie564

The keypad and display backlight keep coming on every 3 minutes even though the phone is not being touched.  Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Light keeps coming on.
Not applicable

I would suggest reset the phone to default settings.  Follow the steps below:

Reset Default
>
From the main screen, press Menu. 
>Touch Settings
>Touch Phone Settings
>Touch Security
>Enter Lock Code ???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code (default: last 4 digits of phone number).
>Touch Reset Default
>Reset Default - Preference Settings will be set to factory defaults. >Your user data will not be erased. Press <OK> to continue displays, touch OK.
>Scroll to Revert, touch OK

Thank you.

0 Likes
GJHSE1

My phone's (LG Cosmos Touch) display light keeps coming on by itself stil after I have reset it several times.

I have even reset it using the *228. This is causing the battery to run down very quickly.

What else can I try to keep the display light from coming on?

0 Likes
loes1267

My wife and I both just got this model about a month ago and have the same problem.  It has been reset by Verizon technician several times...this doesn't do anything.  I also found this: http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/general/lg/topics/cosmos-touch-screen-lighting-up-constantly

I am tired of always having my phone light up and to charge it alot.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

GJHSE1 wrote:

My phone's (LG Cosmos Touch) display light keeps coming on by itself stil after I have reset it several times.

I have even reset it using the *228. This is causing the battery to run down very quickly.

What else can I try to keep the display light from coming on?

Hi GJHSE1,

Please note that some display setting can be adjusted. Please review display settings options on pages 98 and 99 of your LG Cosmos Touch User Guide as adjusting settings may resolve display issues.

0 Likes
loes1267

This suggestion is of no help...all you can do with these settings is to alter the backlight time displayed so that you don't see the phone is constantly activating.

0 Likes
happyclientsnot

I have the same issue, see COSMOS CRAZY DEAD. Your solution does not work, please try another. Are you going to work with lg to find a solution?

0 Likes
MarcusI
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this post elsewhere in the community, habe you already tried this?

Turn off Daily scoop message setting:

• Launch Daily Scoop
• Select ‘Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs’
• Choose ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.

• Repeat the same procedure for ‘Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs’

I'm sure you already have but just in case.

Hope this helps,

MI

0 Likes
happyclientsnot

MY phone does the same thing and lg has told me basically the same thing also. Did you ever find a solution for yours? please share

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Community,

I understand this light opportunity on your device can be an inconvenience and a bit annoying.  I wanted to update this forum to advise LG is aware of this, and are working to provide a permanent solution as soon as possible.  I do not have an expected date, but I can say this fix will most likely come in a form of a software update.  I appreciate your patience.  Thank you.  

0 Likes