Re: LG Cosmos Touch VN270 turns on all the time and kills battery life - how to stop this??
drblum

I've been trying to find a solution to the problem of my Cosmos Touch lighting up all night long, draining the battery, giving me media message alerts, etc, since I got the phone many months ago.  I've followed the problem through several forums and tried every suggested solution from hard resets to software updates, to turning off Daily Scoop alerts and emailing vzdailyscoop at mobileposse.com. 

Nothing has worked and now lately the problem has gotten WORSE.  Now I'm getting VOICE alerts in the middle of the night about how I can get mobile email. 

LG Cosmos Touch users desperately need a fix that will eliminate all this Verizon spam.  Verizon is getting a black eye, LG is getting a black eye, and users are ready to stop looking for solutions and to start looking for other ways of getting satisfaction.

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch VN270 turns on all the time and kills battery life - how to stop this??
happyclientsnot

I have the same problem too. Notice that Verizon won't answer your pleas for help? THEY don't know what to do with it. I have been dealing with this for MONTHS!!!!! I have talked to Verizon and LG. At least with LG they actually admitted that is was a problem, but Verizon has to work with them to resolve. It dont look like thatthey are willing to resolve. I have found a better deal at Boost Mobile and Wal Mart. I will give them a little more time to resolve and then I will move on. And when I am gone, I'M G_O_N_E!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
syrjasonv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, its been months and no update on this issue.  I will not renew with VZW if I don't hear some sort of progress in the next month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! This issue will be fixed in the next software release for this phone. The date has not been finalized for when the software will be released. 

0 Likes
pepperfarm

Software update? It's too late.

I have sent back the replacement phone, as well.

I am explaining to anyone who cares to listen what has been happening to me in an effort to forwarn them of Verizon's cavalier attitude toward problems.

0 Likes
stein559
this morning (3 am) is the first time in a week that I noticed this happening and also the first time in a week my phone was at the download screen after unlocking the phone. The past several days, it actually just went to the main screen after I unlock the phone like its supposed to. But twice this morning my phone was at the download screen again. Has anyone else experienced this or know if Verizon is doing tests on their end? By the way, Verizon, I am not paying you x dollars a month to gather troubleshooting data for you at 3 in the morning. Get with LG and fix this device now.
0 Likes
syrjasonv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still happening here on both of our phones.  Got the dreaded Gmail announcement this norning too. At least it could of also reminded me to turn back the clocks tonight.  Wish I could end my contract sooner without penalty.

0 Likes
Tumbleweed

Come on Verizon......It's time to step up and fix this mess!  Get this corrected and quit jerking us around or we are taking our business elsewhere.  You have screwed around long enough.

0 Likes
syrjasonv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Saw this update on the LG website:

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-cosmos-touch-likes-to-go-to-the-brows...

So hoping we see something soon.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

syrjasonv wrote:

Saw this update on the LG website:

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-cosmos-touch-likes-to-go-to-the-brows...

So hoping we see something soon.

The update to ZV5 should start, tonight 11/11/11 ...  The general proceedure is to push the update to a few thousand phones, wait a couple of days (Soak) and then push the remainder in the following few days.  Updates are generally done in the late afternoon through the night...  Watch your phone you should be prompted when it is contacted by Verizon with the update...  If you don't accept it, if it's an inconvenient time, you should be able to go to settings on your phone, then Phone info, and finally Software update and "Request" the update be sent again.

• Fixed power cycle when closing keyboard while composing SMS
  • ·Upload pictures to facebook
  •  Backlight now stays off for programs unless they are running in the foreground
  • o   Programs should now not auto run.
  • ·         Browse and Download menu will no longer appear after keyguard unlock
  • Fixed power cycle when forwarding some text messages

0 Likes