LG Cosmos Touch receives messages in multiple texts with only the last 1 received on the phone
ptompkins

When long text messages are sent to me from other Verizon customers, it breaks the text up into multiple messages, with only the last one coming through.  When long text messages are sent from other carriers, they come through complete.  I called Verizon with this problem, and they suggested I update the phone with the *228 feature.  This did nothing to help the problem.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I even have the problem when I dial #min to check my usage and just get the last few words of the text message sent by Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch receives messages in multiple texts with only the last 1 received on the phone
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh No! I don't want you to have a problem sending text messages. I can understand how important receiving long text in the correct order can be. In this day and age we sometimes send text messages more than any other form of communication. Let's work together and get this fixed.

Have you tried deleting all the old messages? Try clearing all the old messages and retesting. What's your signal strength like?

Please remove and reinsert your battery, then have someone send you a long message. Are the problems all from the same number or different Verizon numbers?

Please let me know if this helps, if not I'll be glad to further troubleshoot 

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch receives messages in multiple texts with only the last 1 received on the phone
PhoneProblems

I am having the same problem.  I have done the *228 option 2 to update my roaming, I have taken the battery out and put it back in, and seem to be still having the same problem.  My Husband has a Kin oneM and I can get and see two or more messages from him just fine but several of my friends (who are verizion customers) with different phones still having the same issue where I only see the last part of the long message (2/2 or 3/3 or 4/4 for example) any help would be appreciated.  

We have been getting a lot of these for well christmas wishes but usually end with "and have a great new year!" but we miss the first part or parts.

0 Likes
STRILECK

Hi - I just happen to see your issue and wanted to know there was a resolution?  My daughter has the LG Cosmos Touch and is having the same problem.  Please let me know if there is a solution.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello STRILECK!

I'm sorry to read that your daughter is having the issue as well! The message thread could get confusing! I would have the same questions that Joe asked above. Does it only happen with specific Verizon customers? Has she tried deleting her text threads, or pulling the battery from the phone? Does she just get the messages out of order, or is only the last message coming through?

Let us know!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mia198

I am also having this problem. I have tried removing/reinserting the battery. I have also deleted all messages from all of the categories. (Draft, sent, and inbox) No matter what I do, however, I still only receive the last message from all verizon customers. My signal strength is excellent so I know that cannot be the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everyone - With the messages that do not come through, does everyone know what type of phones the other party is messaging with? Do you notice if this only happens with smart phones or basic phones? Both? Do any of them maybe have their phones set to a different language?

Please let us know.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
virginnygirl

I am having the same problem here.  I thought it was just with smart phones, but it turns out that even a long message sent from my husband's phone, a regular LG Cosmos, will only show me the last page.  I've done the battery thing, the *228 thing, clearing out not only my inbox, but also my sent box, and I have 4 bars in most places I frequent.  Phones are all set to the same language.  Everyone I communicate with is a Verizon customer as well, except my sister.  She watches the characters of her texts and breaks them up herself into 140 characters or less.  It's very frustrating to have to keep asking people to break up their texts, or resend previous texts.  As I sit here, I have no idea whether or not my other sister is coming for Thanksgiving!!!

0 Likes
vpwright

I have the same problem with my LG phone.  When other Verizon wireless customers send me a long text I only receive the last part of the text, marked as 2/2.  But the 1/2 is no where to be found.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vpwright and community,

This trouble definitely sounds like it's becoming common. Let's verify the software in the phone. Please go to http://bit.ly/R1qqOi and confirm that the software is VN270ZV6. If not please run the update to verify if this fixes trouble.

Thank you,
Maria_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes