LG Cosmos Touch
nicknike

My LG Cosmos Touch will not turn on after a recent update last night. I tried charging the phone but it turns on for a moment than shuts off. I believe that it had something to do with the update last night because it asked if I would like to update my phone and I did, but while it was updating and will no longer turn on. Do you have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch
tfranklin721

My phone is not working at all after the upgrade. I am going into a Verizon Wirelss store this evening after work. I will write back and let u know what yuo need to do.

0 Likes
nicknike6

This is my second account, forgot my first. Thank you.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Nicknike

It's totally unacceptable that the device updated and will not power on. I would be so frustrated if this happened to my device. Let's look into this immediately for you.

Please remove the battery  leave it out for about 15 seconds and reinsert. Is the battery loose in the back, or is it snug in the housing? Will the device power on  while it's connected to the charger? Please try charging for 3 hours on a wall charger and retesting.

This is not a known issue with the Cosmos Touch. If it's still not powering on please send me a PM and together we will further troubleshoot.

Thank you

0 Likes
nicknike6

Thank you. And yes I tired all of these methods and nothing will work. It will go to the "Verizon Wireless" screen and than shut off. When I try to charge it the same will happen.

0 Likes
jriggstiny

Don't feel like you are alone.  I've been receiving a message about an update for my daughter's cosmos touch for a week.  So tonight when I finally get it from her to update, it freezes.  The Verizon emblem is on the phone, but nothing else.  It won't respond to any commands, except to power up, and then only the verizon emblem is on the screen.  I've removed the battery twice for an extended amount of time the last time, with no results.  So now, here it is, Thanksgiving, and I have to listen to my teenage daughter complain about not having a phone during the holidays.  Thanks, again, Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Software updates don't tend to break phones like this. If you are having this issue, and Joe's steps haven't worked for you, I would suggest seeking a replacement immediately.  The warranty center can be reached at 866-406-5154.  You can also shoot me out a PM, and I will reach out to you as soon as I can. Another option is to take the phone into a Verizon Wireless corporate store and have them attempt to re-flash the software onto the phone. 

Thanks for your patience. We'll do all we can to get you a working phone ASAP. 

0 Likes
Dan1990
Alright genius. The same thing happened to my touch the other night. That phone had VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY IMPORTANT TXT MESSAGES ON IT. Any ideas on how I can retrieve those or has Verizon dug itself into a hole In my eyes?
0 Likes
jriggstiny

Well, I spoke with the folks from LG, and I have sent the phone into them for repair.  They said all Verizon would do is replace it with a refurbished phone at the local store.  We need this phone repaired, not some second hand piece of junk.  I've had to listen to a teenage girl all Thanksgiving weekend asking when her phone would be back.  I gave her the "when I was your age" speech, but I don't blame her for being ticked. 

0 Likes
romeyn

Did anyone find a resultion to this issues? I updated my phone last night and only get the verizon black screen and then it turns off. Di anyone have luck flashing the phone a the store?

0 Likes