LG Cosmos has received same text message 100 times in last 3 hours.
redtiki

Does anyone know what is going on? This is driving me crazy. I have tried pulling the battery while still on and have reprogrammed it (called *228) twice and still get the same message over and over again. My message inbox was full and I emptied it and didn't get any messages for about two minutes and then they started back up again. The messages alternates between having the real time and day posted on it with a date from January 6 midnight. Is this my phone's problem or the text sender's problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos has received same text message 100  times in last 3 hours.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello redtiki! I'm so very sorry for all those messages. You've asked a great question: Is it the phone or the message? At this point, I'm not able to say with any certainty. I suspect it's the message itself, since you're getting repeats of that specific one rather than repeats of all messages. Is the sender one of your contacts? If so, have you contacted the sender to see if other contacts are getting the same duplicates? What other details can you share?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello redtiki! I'm so very sorry for all those messages. You've asked a great question: Is it the phone or the message? At this point, I'm not able to say with any certainty. I suspect it's the message itself, since you're getting repeats of that specific one rather than repeats of all messages. Is the sender one of your contacts? If so, have you contacted the sender to see if other contacts are getting the same duplicates? What other details can you share?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
redtiki

The messages stopped the next day (after about 150).  I don't know if the phone reset itself at midnight or what happened.  I called the sender and she thought the message had not gone through, so I think our phones were miscommunicating somehow. It hasn't happened with any other messages, so hopefully the problem worked itself out. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Redtiki,

Fantastic! I am glad to hear that the issue fixed the issue with the reset. Keep us posted if you experience the issue again.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes