I got caught on the rain a couple nights ago, but my battery didn't have water damage (I've read that if the water sticker is white with red X's then there's no damage). The phone plugged in shows the Verizon logo then the green battery charging screen and will tell me to unplug when fully charged, but phone will not turn on regardless if plugged in or not. I also read that if you plug the phone in without the battery after five minutes or so the phone will turn on, I've had it plugged in for twenty minutes now and it still says "battery is required." Any suggestions please?
If the battery is out and cover off and it has been a couple days with drying time and you still cannot get it to turn on AND you're sure that the rain was most likely the culprit, then you may have a liquid-damaged phone. Sometimes those phones magically start working again, but depending on the damage, you could run into snafus later on resulting from rust or corrosion.