Re: LG EXALT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Gamul1,

Staying safe while drivong is a must and the bluetooth is the perfect way to do that! So I definitely understand the importance of having it working properly.

You mentioned that when paired to your vehicle you have no problems and it will not drop the connection, but once you leave and come back it does not recognize the connection. Does this happen with other bluetooth devices or just your vehicle? Have you reached out to the vehicle manufacturer regarding this concern?

Please try deleting the bluetooth connection to your vehicle and power cycle the phone. Turn the vehicle off/on and then re-pair the bluetooth. Give this a try and keep us posted if the issue persists.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: LG EXALT
Gamul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I already explained this so I apologize if I was not clear. And I can add something to my earlier findings.

In this discussion are multiple devices:

• Phones
    • LG Exalt
    • Samsung Note 3 (brand new)
    • older Droid Incredible phone
  • Bluetooth device to sync the phones to
    • Panasonic Link To Cell phone system (brand new)
    • 2012 Toyota Camry
    • Motorola bluetooth headset (3 years old)

If I connect the Samsung Note 3, or the Droid Incredible to any of the 3 devices that are bluetooth capable, they connect, stay connected, and reconnect everytime I have them on and near each other. There are no connection issues at all.

If I connect the LG Exalt to any of the 3 devices listed (Panasonic, Camry and Motorola), it connects wonderfully the first time. It does not drop calls. And stays connected the whole time I am there.  However, walk away from the devices, which is normal, and when I come back the Exalt is not connected to the devices and wont connect no matter how long they sit near each other. This happens 90% of the time. Occasionally it actually will reconnect but its not often.  When it does not - there is only one way I can get it to connect, which is to go into the Exalt bluetooth settings, turn off bluetooth and then turn it back on.  About 10 seconds later the phone and the device will now connect, and while connected, it works perfectly. Again, until I leave and come back and the cycle repeats.  And I have tried unpairing and repairing the devices but it has not helped the situation. Nor would I expect it to based on these results. Its not a simple connection issue - its a core problem with the Exalt.

Does this help? Is the situation now clearer? And it should be clear based on the above test results - that there is only one common denominator here, and only a single possible problem - the Exalt Phone.  I am 100% sure the Exalt is the problem, and it should now be clear to Verizon that the Exalt is the problem.  It is 100% clear to Verizon customers.

Let me know if you need additional info. And I would like to know what the plan is on resolving this issue.

0 Likes
SteveARosa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the easiest solution to all your Bluetooth problems while using Verizon's LG Exalt phone:

Take your phone back to Verizon and demand to change that phone out for an entirely different MAKE OF PHONE, SUCH AS, MOTOROLA, IPHONE, SAMUNG, Etc.! You will then have no problem paring it or having it come unpaired... For what ever reason!

Simple as that!

Please, End of subject!

Steve A Rosa

(Sent From a Stolen iPhone!)

0 Likes
SteveARosa
Enthusiast - Level 2

And, 10-4 Gamul1!!!

Steve A. Rosá

(Sent From a Stolen iPhone!)

0 Likes
Gamul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Steve - thanks for your reply. Normally I would agree with you 100%. But I want a basic phone and Verizon only offers a small selection. Out of that selection, the Exalt has the best sound quality (I tried them all) and other than the Bluetooth issues, I really like a lot. In the end, I'll keep this phone flawed if Verizon is unable or unwilling to help but usually Verizon does a good job on this stuff if you give them the time and info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gamul1

Thanks for those details! When you visit your Bluetooth Menu, do you have any profiles saved already? When you need to reconnect, is the original profile for that Bluetooth device still there or has it been removed? I'd like to check if the phone is deleting the exisiting Bluetooth profiles between connections or if it's not recognizing the connection available is the same as one it's already made. Also, I know you have three bluetooth devices you connect to, but how many profiles are currently saved on your device itself?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gamul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The profiles are still there - I do not need to re-add them. It is not recognizing the profiles there and not connecting.  Once I turn off the bluetooth and turn it back on (on the phone), the pairing happens within a few seconds.

I only have two profiles now on the phone, the car and the Panasonic system. I removed the headset one as I only added it to test if it worked on this or not.

0 Likes
Gamul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more small piece of info.  I have noticed that if I preemptively turn off the Bluetooth on the cell phone before going to my car, and turning it back on, and then starting the car, it will connect every time.

In a sense this is not really different than before. But it puts all the focus on the phone and not the car (or the other device).  If there was a conflict when connecting in a normal situation, that conflict would still exist even though I preemptively turn off and on the Bluetooth on the phone.

If you ask me, the bluetooth has gotten itself turned off or disabled. My turning it off is like turning off a light switch with a broken light bulb and then replacing the light bulb and turning it back on.  Turning off the switch just allows me to put the bluetooth back on into a state of working.

Please do not take this preemptive turning off as some sort of solution. Its a hacky way of working around Verizon's phone problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gamul1

Thanks for getting back to us! It does sound like since turning the Bluetooth off while not in the connection area and turning it back on when you are is working, the phone is processing the connection as designed by LG.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gamul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Is this a serious response? Are you flippin kidding me? The Phone is unable to reconnect to bluetooth devices unless the phones bluetooth is turned off and then back on - and your professional response is that the phone is working as designed!?!?!?!

How do I escalate this case thread to a more advanced tier 2 support?

0 Likes