Re: LG Exalt Not Compatible with Backup Assistant?
skrien
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you ever had a data block added to your account? This can often times impede access to Backup Assistant.

I normally do have data blocked on my phone, but unblocked it during the troubleshooting with the Exalt. Do you really mean that if you have EVER had data blocked, you can never use Backup Assistant?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you may secure you contacts are important eve1810. I am happy to inform you that there is an updated Backup Assistant application that can now be installed on the LG Exault. I would recommend uninstalling the current Backup Assistant application to your phone. Then install the new Backup Assistant application to your LG Exault.  To install the application to your phone click http://vz.to/19wkfLB Should you need further assitance, please feel free to reach out to us!

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

skrien wrote:

... For those of us not interested in paying for bells and whistles, who don't care about having the latest greatest model, and who just want to be able make a simple phone call...

Perhaps pre-paid is the answer for you?  Just a suggestion.

And MichelleL_VZW - the OP no longer owns the LG Exalt (note the spelling) so cannot perform the steps you suggested.

skrien wrote:

...Having heard nothing from Verizon and my 14-day free trial ticking away, the second phone went back and I have returned to using my old phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Skrien,

We want you to love your phones! Please follow these instructions Go to Media Center>Apps>Shop Apps>Tools and Applications>Productivity and Utilities>Backup Assistant-Free Upgrade and complete the install. Power cycle the phone and then try to use BUA again. I have had a great deal of success with customers using these exact instructions to install the Backup Assistant for LG Exalt. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
skrien
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pamela please see my Dec 17 post. I no longer have the phone.

0 Likes
Dallaslady

We just purchased an LG Exalt.  It took several tries and changing the type of network connection to get it to go through, but it WAS successful.  However, it's not working now for future backups.  The "fix" was to take it to a Verizon store and tell them it needs to be "flashed" as in directly connected via the computer to do the update.  Then there would be no concern about data charges.  It seems odd to me that since the "basic" phone comes with a Verizon app, that you would be charged data charges per mb if you go into the VERIZON store to update THEIR app on a basic phone.  Verizon should at least provide FREE updates to basic phone holders if it is a Verizon app that came with the phone and is something as basic as a backup for contacts.

0 Likes
Dallaslady

But, isn't there a data charge per mb when going into the Verizon online store?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can add a basic phone data plan for the billing cycle to cover any data charges at a possibly a lower rate then the per MB price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dallaslady

Nobody has mentioned that.  However, my point was that we shouldn't have to pay to update a Verizon app that came with our phone.  Apps like that (versus "games") shouldn't require a data package be purchased.  My husband got this basic phone because he doesn't do "email" on his phone nor web browsing, or anything like that.  He wants the bluetooth, texting (which we already have) and the voice command to make dialing easier.  That's it. Perhaps we need to just uninstall the Backup assistant.  If we need to add a contact, that's easy to do without having to pay for an upgrade to a built in Verizon app.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need Backup Assistant to keep your contacts backed up; you could do it via Bluetooth or using bitpim software.

0 Likes