Re: LG Exalt Not Compatible with Backup Assistant?
Dallaslady

I heard from an in-store employee that if you purchased a phone between Thanksgiving "black friday" and now, you have an extended amount of time to return your phone, through Jan. 15.

0 Likes
Dallaslady

That is if you still have your old phone.  We have sold our old phone on Ebay. lol  BUT, the backup assistant DID work, just didn't backup all of the contacts.  That has been rectified.  No need for it now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@skrien,

I apologize for the delay in our response! I know you were excited about your new phone and I'm sorry to hear you returned it. If you decide to upgrade again we are always here to help. You can also visit http://bit.ly/yN1P80 for great online support if you ever need it.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
geoman01

I just went through the same drill with the LG Exalt.  Numerous attempts to transfer a contact list via backup assistant failed.  We had to take it to a Verizon retail store and they worked their magic on it.  Next time I won't buy online,  I'll go to the Verizon store first and find out what really works before making a purchase.

0 Likes
libby2

I just registered here in order to give everyone my experience and background. First of all, kudos to all of the Verizon Support people trying to help others. I've read all of the reviews here and on Amazon concerning the Exalt and the issue of the backup assistant that many seem to be having. Researched quite some time before ordering the LG Exalt from Verizon & received it 1/8/14.

1. The Activation Guide enclosed in the box was outdated and the instructions were incorrect in part, to wit:

2. There is no need to Install the Backup Assistant on the LG Exalt, as the Specs clearly state the BA is a Pre-Installed Application. The Activation Guide should have stated that.

My old phone had the BA on it and I simply backed it up again, just to be sure before I turned it off.

I turned the Exalt on and from that point it was all automated and all I had to do was follow the prompts, audio commands for the most part. My contacts were transferred as I watched the progress on the screen. I did NOT even try to Install the BA, nor was I prompted to do so.

I'm very pleased with my experience and how quickly the activation & BA was completed.

I hope this bit of info will help those having issues yet and perhaps help others that may be trying to decide on the LG Exalt. Happy New Year to all of the Community!!

0 Likes
ernie_07

As of mid August 2014, the LG Exalt is still shipping with a NON-functional Backup Assistant. The local retailer was unable to resolve the issue so Tech Support was contacted. After more than an hour, the problem was not resolved.

MESSAGE to Verizon:

1. Ship Functioning software.
  2. Train Technical Support so that this sort of problem can be remedied quickly.
  3. Send a bulletin to retailers so that they can remedy the problem before the LG Exalt leaves the store.
0 Likes
shopgirl54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also having same issue with new Exalt and came across this after the guy in the Verizon store didn't have a clue. It's so hard to get good help these days.  The upgrade instructions worked!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes