LG Exalt does not recognize micro SD card
di1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a Samsung Convoy with a micro SD card with many pics and music on it. When I put that

micro SD card in my new LG Exalt it does not show any pics or music but it tells me how much room I have left on the card. Any suggestions as to why I can't view the pictures or play the music on my LG Exalt?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Exalt does not recognize micro SD card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier, there may be a conflict in how the two phones format the data on the card.  One thing you could try is using an adapter to read the card in your computer.  If you see your files, copy them to your computer.  Once you've double-checked that the files are on your computer, put the SD card in your new phone, format the card, connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable, then copy the files over from your computer.

Looks like you added additional info. after my earlier reply, so I'll edit this to say, that since you've confirmed the files are on the SD card, it may be a formatting conflict between the two phones.

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Because of differences in the two devices this may be what's causing the conflict, and you not seeing the pictures or it's a possibility the new Phone wiped the card, if you see allot space available more N likely this is what happened.. it formatted the SD card

0 Likes
di1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

No the pictures are still on the micro SD card when I put it in another phone. Also I can view the pics on my computer with the micro SD card inserted. Do I have something not set right to view them on the LG Exalt?

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier, there may be a conflict in how the two phones format the data on the card.  One thing you could try is using an adapter to read the card in your computer.  If you see your files, copy them to your computer.  Once you've double-checked that the files are on your computer, put the SD card in your new phone, format the card, connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable, then copy the files over from your computer.

Looks like you added additional info. after my earlier reply, so I'll edit this to say, that since you've confirmed the files are on the SD card, it may be a formatting conflict between the two phones.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought of something else to check ... do the files on the SD card start with "My", like My Photos or My Music?  If so, try changing the file name to just Photos or Music and see if the Exalt will then recognize them.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Transferring files in that order,  is the really the best way of doing it, And Tikib-1  visited our New corporate store today.. wow it really look's awesome b

0 Likes
di1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much! I did connect the USB from phone to computer and it downloaded the LG software and all the pictures did show up then in the phone with the SD card.

Sent from Windows Mail

B33
Legend

Hey that's Great.. ol b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Excellent !