Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,367 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
LG Exhalt (3G) to LG Exhalt LTE (4G)
jimbo111
Enthusiast - Level 2

The LG Exhalt 3G stopped working and had to upgrade to the LG Exhalt LTE which is horrible! Is there no way to go back to the original?

Our question is: how do we get all of the photos off of the LG Exhalt 3G. The phone has a memory card. We plugged it in to a computer today and it started a program by LG but there were no photos or files to be seen!

Do we have to first transfer the photos on the broken phone to the memory card and then will the memory card work in the new phone?

Why can't the store help us with this? All they transferred were our contacts.

We also don't recommend the LG Exhalt LTE (4G): no external caller ID, things that you could do in one step now take four. Phone also needs to be charged way too often. No way to get new backgrounds or sounds either.

Thank you for your help on how to transfer our pictures of many, many fun years using the LG Exhalt (3G)!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Exhalt (3G) to LG Exhalt LTE (4G)
boringusername
Master - Level 1

There's not going to be photos on the memory card if you didn't put them on it. And no you can't go back. And you said the 3G version didn't work anyway. And even if you could go back you'd have to switch by Dec 31 2019 anyway

0 Likes
jimbo111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any feedback on how to retrieve and save our photos is appreciated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try transferring them via Bluetooth if the old phone functions enough to accomplish that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

jimbo111 wrote:

Any feedback on how to retrieve and save our photos is appreciated.

Yeah I told you put the photos on the memory card if you want to retrieve them form said card. This is where smartphone come in handy because you can upload them to the cloud for safe keeping instantly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important your precious memories are. As long as the memory card is compatible with both device, you will be able to transfer your photos from device to the other.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

jimbo111 wrote:

Our question is: how do we get all of the photos off of the LG Exhalt 3G. The phone has a memory card. We plugged it in to a computer today and it started a program by LG but there were no photos or files to be seen!

Do we have to first transfer the photos on the broken phone to the memory card and then will the memory card work in the new phone?

Yes, as noted earlier, the photos need to be on the SD (memory) card, then you should be able to see them on your computer or put the memory card in the new phone.

You mentioned that the old phone was broken.  If it will work enough to accomplish moving the photos, here's steps on how to do it:

Move Pictures / Videos to SD Card - LG ExaltII | Verizon Wireless

Re: Transferring pictures from LG Exalt to PC

jimbo111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Can you just let us know if the memory card is the same for both phones? Happy Holidays!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

jimbo111,

We always want to make sure you can fully enjoy your new device. I'm sorry to hear that so far the Exalt LTE hasn't been a positive experience. The same SD card will work great in either phone. Were you able to get those pictures moved over?

I also want to address your other concerns. I wish we could change the fact that the phone doesn't have an external caller ID but we want to make sure you can do everything you need to with it. You mentioned formerly simple things which now take 3 or 4 steps. Was that regarding caller ID or are there other functions of the device which aren't working well for you? How often does the phone need to be charged? While it may not allow for all sounds music can be added to the phone following the steps at Move Music Files to Device - LG Exalt LTE | Verizon Wireless

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes