LG Extravert 2 terrible
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

I "upgraded" to three of these phones...they are the worse I have ever had...they drop calls...and now you can not delete text messages...my wife and daughters have had nothing but problems...what are my options to replace these with something that works? My family need phones they can rely on..just in case of emergencies....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert 2 terrible
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else having problems with this phone, and did Verizon resolve them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize the importance of having a reliable phone, tbyrd200. I'm sorry that your family has been experiencing these problems. What happens when you try deleting message by going to Messages>More>Delete>Delete all? For dropped calls, please try dialing *228 and select option 2 to ensure you are updated. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried as you suggested...still having problems.

0 Likes
mom2grayson

My boyfriend and I have the same phone and have had it for about 3 weeks now. He just started experiencing problems with his the other night. I haven't experienced this yet but he was asking me how to delete texts messages and I showed him, but they would not delete. I tried everything including doing a factory reset which erases all of the data. I tried seeing if there was upgrade which there wasn't. I was looking for other settings, checking to see if they were unlocked which they were, I tried turning on and off his phone, replacing the battery, you name it. They would not delete for anything. I was then looking and noticed it does delete text messages, BUT only ones that are sent to him. He can't delete outgoing texts. No matter what we try, we can't get them to delete. Even if we deleted them one by one. They will not delete. Not even after a factory reset. I hope I don't start to experience this problem. But we need to figure out this problem with his phone. It's ridiculous how they wont erase. Everything else will, even his call logs, but not his sent messages.

0 Likes
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been with Verizon for several years, and these are the worse phone I have ever owned. While talking on these phones, there have been so many dropped calls, that my family wants to revert back to their old phones...I am wondering why I paid the $ to upgrade to phones that do not work...and now this problem with not being able to delete, receive texts...these phones need to be replaced, with different phones that work!!!

0 Likes
mom2grayson

We haven't had any problems with dropped calls, but at times, it seems like I can't understand what is being said on the other end, but it seems to only be in certain areas. But I never had a call completely drop. But about the messaging problem, my boyfriend finally took his phone to the store after I tried everything to get it working, and he was told that it was a software problem and they just gave him another phone of the same kind. I told him, I hope I don't have problems like he did because I just may throw it in the trash. I text a lot more than he does. LG from what I read from others on the internet was working on some kind of software update, but I haven't heard anything from the verizon store and I tried contacting LG myself but haven't heard an answer back yet. They need to get this straightened out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbyrd200,

Thanks for being such a loyal customer for many years! Are you not getting text messages at all to come into your phone or is it random? Are you able to send text messages without any kind of issues? Are phone calls going in and out okay? The one suggestionI would have is to back the contacts/pictures up than perform a factory reset on the device: http://vz.to/1mmcE8j Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Text messages are going out, but the ones coming in, can not be deleted, and some are blank. Calls are being dropped all of the time, if it was one phone, it wouldn't be bad, but it's all of them. Factory reset has been done on all phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbyrd200 we'll get you back in action! What zip code are you located in? Are you having trouble both indoors and outdoors?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes