Re: LG Extravert 2 terrible
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zip code 13057...right next to a Verizon tower...trouble both in and outdoors... I have a couple of solutions...1) Replace these phones with a different make/model of phone, 2) Give me credit for the three phones that are not working properly...these "fixes" that are proposed, have been done by others, and myself, if you look at the support forums, and internet there are a lot of people having the same problems with these phones...as I stated before my wife and daughters have these phones, and if they are ever in need of help...these phones are not reliable enough to get them that help possibly putting their lives in danger.

budmo23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree 100% with tbyrd about this phone and the only way to resolve the issues.  Get on Google and you will find story after story of the problems with deleting / receiving texts.  I have the same issues with my six week old Extravert 2.  Amazingly, my text inbox is 21,844% full and cannot receive incoming texts.  Verizon's answer is to send another phone, which will more than likely have to be followed by the same procedure soon.  Again and again they will do this till your one year warranty is expired and the problem is in their rearview mirror.  Maybe, you feel frustrated enough to switch carriers ( I am seriously considering it now ).  I do not want this (removed) phone.  After more than two decades of customer loyalty, I should receive credit for amount forked over and the choice of another phone without incurring any more monetary loss.  The Verizon responders to the memory / motherboard / software issues in this phone mean well but they are clueless.  There is no fix!  It is an internal flaw that will not be "updated".  Just as auto manufacturers and baby stroller makers do when they foist a defective product on to the consumer, Verizon and or LG need to issue a recall.  Soon.

>>Edited by the Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information tbyrd200. I know how important it is to have communication with your wife and daughters. We are not able to give you a different phone or credit you for the devices. We are able to replace the phones with a certified like new phone of the same model if you're still under warranty and have no damage to your phone. If all your phones are having issues, the problem may not be with the devices but maybe there is an issue within the area. Have we filed a ticket for your issues in the past? This would be our next step to locating and resolving the issue?

KinquanaH_VZw
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just "upgraded" to these phones in May...only 2 months ago...you mean to tell me the only thing you can do is give me used phones, when I paid for new ones. I can go to T-Mobile...who will buy out my contract, and provide me with phones that work...

budmo23
Enthusiast - Level 2

tbyrd, once again, Kinquana as do all the other vzw support people, does not want to own up to the fact that these phones are garbage.  It is not the area- it's the device!  Every other phone our family has owned worked just fine and my kids phones have no problems operating in the same household.  I could not delete text messages, then the phone began to  freeze at random times ( about every half hour ).  Removing the battery to reboot the phone kept me limping along until my new(refurbished?) phone arrived today.  Six weeks into this phone and I am now on number two.  I would be willing to give odds that I will be on number three before the snow flies. Totally junk phones.  

0 Likes
ekrafts
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great....today was the day that my phone started these issues.  First it froze....then after reset (battery removal)...it started with me not able to delete selected text messages.  Did a hard reset....all other information was gone...but hey ...not the text messages.  Had an online chat with LG about it....the person I chatted with who tried to resolve it, said that no where could she find a work order or directive to fix this issue.  Really???  Seriously going to deny it?  Oh Verizon.. I don't know how many of these phones you have sold...but you had better pull the product, or come up with a solid fix soon.  Just my humble opinion....just a loyal customer for eon's.  I guess I'll be looking at forking over the early termination fee.

0 Likes
Introvert88

Duplicate content, please see: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1121184#1121184

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tbyrd200
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, what has been done to correct these problems??? NOTHING!!!  I hate to go to another phone company, T-Mobile will buy out contracts, and actually give you phones that work, instead of junk phones. I explained that my wife and daughters have this phone, and need a phone that works correctly, in case of emergencies...So, if something happens to them due to not being able to call and get help, I will hold Verizon responsible because they will not recall these phones and give out ones that work (not the same make and model).

0 Likes
Not applicable

T-Mobile gives you nothing. They sell the same devices that other carriers sell.

With T-Mobile you pay full price for your phone. No contracts.

Having tried them in the past, they have terrible coverage and the customer service is just as bad as Verizon if not worse. They lie to you and deflect.

Good luck at your new carrier.

MTWilliams

I am experiencing the same issue with my LG Extravert 2. The text messages will not be gone after I go through the steps to delete them.

I also have a blank message that is listed as a new message. I CAN NOT DELETE IT! So my lock screen always prompts me to check my new text message.

The phone is only a couple of months old but this has been an ongoing issue for about six weeks.

0 Likes