LG Extravert Bluetooth Problem
Glendell

Just upgraded from LG Env3 to the LG Extravert.  I am having problems with using the bluetooth in my 2007 Toyota Camry.  I finally get it paired after several attempts but if and when it does connect there are no signal bars on the car display.  Other times it does not connect at all.  My old phone never failed to connect.  Any ideas how to resolve?  The phone says software is up to date.  I upgraded via internet offer.  Can I  choose a different phone without the $35 restocking fee?  I really believe there is a problem with the phone since I never had any problems before.  I used Backup Assistant to transfer my contacts.  If I try a complete reset, which will erase everything can I still download the contacts from Backup Assistant?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert Bluetooth Problem
hime

I also have LG Extravert pairing problem to my 2010 toyota prius.  I did finally got it paired but does not stay paired.

I google lg extravert blue tooth problem and it seem that it is the problem with lg extravert.   Now I am stuck with

this phone for 2 years!

0 Likes
cmstac1956

I just purchased a 2013 Subaru Forester with bluetooth capability.  The salesman paired my Extravert and it seemed to work after he did it.  Now the phone somehow unpaired itself to the car.  I have tried several times to re-pair it but cannot get it to work.  Please advise as I am very frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmstac1956, I can understand how frustrating it can be not having your bluetooth paired. Since this is a third party accessory, I would advise contacting the manufacturer of the car for detailed assistance. However, we do have bluetooth pairing information that might be useful to you. Please review here: http://is.gd/HSFz1t .^SP

0 Likes
Rijkstra

The problem is definitely with the LG Extravert.  I have a Panasonic phone and a 2007 Camry with Bluetooth.  They both connected easily to my LG LX8300,  My Extravert connects only intermittently to either of them.  When it fails, manual connection and pairing also fail.  Rebooting the phone is about the only way to get the functionality back and even that doesn't always work.

0 Likes
emilvolcheck

I have discovered the same problem with an LG Extravert 2 and my Toyota Prius.  My previous phone was a Motorola W385 flip phone.  My wife has an iPhone 5.  Both connect to the Prius fine.  The LG Extravert 2 fails to establish a connection more than half the time.  The connection often appears to be established on the display, but there is no audio.  Turning the car off and on, turning the phone off and on do not help.  I can't figure out a pattern for when it works, but it's less than a third of the time.  The signal strength does not display on the car panel -- it's always no bars.  I plan to return the phone.  Thanks to the community for posting these problems here so that I know it's not just me.

0 Likes
emilvolcheck

I'm happy to report that Verizon accepted return of the phone and waived the $35 restocking fee because the Bluetooth problem is a "known issue."  Thanks to Mark and the Timonium store manager for their attention and consideration.

0 Likes