LG Extravert QWERTY Keyboard stopped working.
Ryath
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got an LG Extravert for Christmas so it is less than 6 months old and the qwerty keyboard just stopped working.  It was fine one day and keys stopped reacting the next.  I've tried turning off the phone and restarting, no luck.  I take very good care of my cell phone and it has never been dropped so I have no idea what happened.    Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?   Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert QWERTY Keyboard stopped working.
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Factory reset?

If there's no damage, cracked screen, buttons missing, water damage (especially, even ports can get corroded and people don't notice) you would be covered under manufacturer warranty, sorry I don't know much trouble shooting wise, but that's the alternative.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryath, let's see if we can change your luck. Have you tried soft resetting your device by removing the battery? Your next step would be to save your contacts at Backup Assistant and hard reset it in Settings. If the hard reset doesn't work then we can provide you with a warranty replacement device as long as there's no physical or liquid damage.

For your convenience, I've provided the steps on how to hard reset your device below:

From the main screen, select Menu.

Select Settings.
Select Phone Settings.
Select Security.
Enter the Security Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).
Select Restore Phone.
Select OK.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT
0 Likes
Ryath
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, it appears that the phone may have been exposed to moisture.  A bottle of water spilled in my pocket book and while the pocket for the cell phone is on the outside the leather did get wet.  The keyboard stopped working at about that time.

I did do a soft reset by removing the battery with no luck.  I will try the hard reset before I go out to buy a replacement phone.  No more carrying water bottles in my pocket book 😜

>> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes