LG Extravert possibly the worst phone ever!
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Upgraded" to this phone and I have to say it was the worst mistake I have ever made as far as phones go. 1. The screenlock button is at the top right side, so whenever you grab the phone normally and try to do anything with it, adjust volume, whatever, the screenlock button is inadvertently touched more often than not and locks the screen up. Horrible placement for that button.  2. The speakerphone is the worst sounding piece of junk ever! I can get better sound out of a garage sale walkie-talkie! 3. If I want to listen to my voicemails, check a bank account balance, etc., and I dial from the closed position, as soon as the call connects, the screen goes dark and I can't put in passwords, account numbers, menu options and the like from the touchscreen. I have to open the phone and do everything from the Qwerty...AND turn off the speaker phone(which is activated when I slide the phone open) to keep my account info and voicemails from being soundblasted all over creation. 4. But, by far, the most irritating thing about this piece of junk is the horrible problem with texting. After having the phone for about two weeks, I noticed I could not delete certain texts. No matter how I tried to do it, texts would not delete! I took it in to Verizon and they rebooted it several times and every time the texts were still there! Since there wasn't anything horribly important contained in those texts, I took the chance at exchanging it anyway, knowing personal info was still on the phone. I took the new one home, and two weeks later, SAME thing started happening, only worse!. Not only could I not delete loads of texts(a few I could), I but texts that I hadn't even read yet were disappearing. I get the alert that a text had come in, I open the screen to read the text from "John Doe", and the text disappeared! I later found it in the folder of "Jan Smith". A response to a text from my son, he never got, but it shows up in the sent folder to an entirely different person. I sent an "I Love You!" to my wife. Doesn't show up there...it shows up as a sent text to a guy friend of mine. This is so ridiculous I don't think I will give this back to Verizon. I would like a credit on my account for the $45 in upgrade fees and taxes, and I want to keep the phone. I will take it home, throw it down in the driveway and enjoy beating the snot out of it with a sledgehammer!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert possibly the worst phone ever!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Alpinist
I'm so sorry your having problems with the device. I would like to look into this texting matter with you. Please ensure the contacts are backed up and try this: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/50505

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just did the master reset and all the texts, INCLUDING the ones I moved to vault just to get them out of my main text screen, are STILL there.

Jody,

By the way, thanks for your quick response!

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Restored the phone as instructed numerous times and the texts are STILL there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing the suggested troubleshooting steps Alpinist! I can certainly review available replacement options in effort to resolve this. Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, but I don’t do social media, twitter, or facebook, etc.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alpinist - The Verizon rep is asking you to provide additional information via a Direct Message here on this forum (providing personal information in posts is against the forum's Terms of Service since it's a public forum).  They indicate they've sent you a Follow request; it should be in your forum inbox and you'll need to approve it.  You'll likewise need to hover over their avatar:  TominqueBo_VZW and click the Follow button to send them a Follow request that they'll have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message by again hovering over their avatar and clicking the Message button.

0 Likes
Introvert88

Duplicate content, please see:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1121184#1121184

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes