Re: LG Extravert won't delete text messages that have words but are listed as [No Content]
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG claims they have a fix coming but I am not holding my breath. Verizon is clueless.

Jody

0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert won't delete text messages that have words but are listed as [No Content]
aglashley

I too have an issue deleting messages ... Last post I see was 7/4/14.  Any resolution?  This seems like a very very basic function and seems very odd this is still an open issue.

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, they are sure taking their jolly time with it, aren’t they? It is actually much worse than just not being able to delete messages...some messages were jumping from one folder to another...,for example, I sent a text to a guy friend of mine in juicy terms, “I LOVE YOU!”...according to the folder it was in. However, it was actually sent to my wife and, for a time, showed up in the correct sent folder as to my wife! This kind of thing could create problems in a relationship. LOL! I have rebooted my phone numerous times and everything is erased except for the offending texts. I deactivated this worthless phone and activated one of my old ones and am much happier with it.

0 Likes
jrush7558

Verizon has no answers. they sent me new phone and return box to send phone

back.. Useless

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM, aglashley <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already exchanged it once and the same thing happened with the new phone.

0 Likes
AngKl

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.  My husband and I have had this phone for about 2 months now.  It first started when I got the phone and them seemed to go away when I rest to factory settings, but how many times could I do it.  It doesn't work anymore.  My text inbox is becoming full and I am unable to update the software, because it the server is unavailable.  Please help!!

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

AngKi

Log onto your Verizon account and make sure internet access is NOT blocked on that line. Two days ago when I heard the fix was available I did exactly what you described and the server was unavailable. I logged onto “My Verizon” and found that access to the ‘net was blocked. Unchecked that box, submitted the changes, and about 5 minutes later was able to access the server and download the fix. That being said, Verizon AND LG should be tarred and feathered for the horrible way they handled this. Just shows that “simple” people who don’t want a “smart” phone are not all that important to them.

0 Likes
vickibement

I also can't get all the messages to delete. We did the software update today. No the messages aren't locked. I did set the phone to auto erase. Shouldn't need to do this. Send help.

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the software. Turned off the phone for a while. Then turned it back on and it was then fixed. I would try downloading the software again and just make sure the phone is plugged in or has a complete charge and let it do the automatic reset after downloading the software. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
rhrh

I just got my first replacement LG Extravert, due to multiple problems with Bluetooth and the proximity sensor, and now I find the same issue you guys did - most messages will delete but some will not.

The phone acts like the messages were deleted, but they aren't. I tried overall and individual deletions with no results.

The only thing I can figure out is that the messages in question involved email addresses.  But I do feel like some that were deleted involved email addresses as well (as one of the recepients).

I am doing a factory restore, although I'm not even sure that will help because there are messages from before the last time I did the factory restore, that are still there.

0 Likes