Bought 32GB microSD card and loaded it with about 6200 songs (plus a few pics/vids). When I select My Music on phone, I wait while it says "Initializing", then "Loading Music", but it only loads just over 5000 songs. AND THEN after restarting phone and thereafter, it only loads 1000 songs. I've tried a bunch of things:
- formatted the card on the phone, and also with card plugged into PC
- loaded songs on card directly from PC, and also while card is in phone (connected/recognized by PC just fine, with "Mass Storage" mode on)
- bought another 32 GB card (different brand), but got same result
- took my SD card into Verizon store and tried it on their showroom floor phone, and got same result
Plus there are these weird things:
- after restarting phone or disconnecting from PC, then each time it initializes and loads music, the 1000 songs loaded are different than the 1000 it loaded before
- If I browse to a song on my phone and delete it, then next time it "initializes" & "loads music", it loads 1001 songs!
- Only way to get it to load about 5000 songs (still not all) is to reformat card & copy them again. But after the first time of loading 5000, it only reloads with 1000 after that.
It's driving me a little crazy.
What software version do you have on the Extravert?
Settings > Phone info > Sw/HW version, and its the top number. does it look like VN271ZV2?
Theres a manual software update to VN271ZV5.
I guess my real question is, does anybody have 5000+ songs (~27GB) on the Extravert, and it loads them all fine? After testing the Verizon demo phone, it makes me think they all have the problem. But if it's working ok for some people, I'll send mine to LG for warranty.