LG Extravert
waynetta1

Can anyone tell me how to transfer ringtones on my computer to my LG? Can't seem to figure it out Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Extravert
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send them via your email program.  Attach the mp3 sound file (30 seconds or less) that you want to use as a ringtone to 10-digitphone#@vzwpix.com  It will come to your phone as a text message - open it and play the sound, then save it as a ringtone.

If this doesn't work, or you need to clip the file to 30 seconds, try phonezoo.com  It's free and works wonderfully!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send them via your email program.  Attach the mp3 sound file (30 seconds or less) that you want to use as a ringtone to 10-digitphone#@vzwpix.com  It will come to your phone as a text message - open it and play the sound, then save it as a ringtone.

If this doesn't work, or you need to clip the file to 30 seconds, try phonezoo.com  It's free and works wonderfully!

0 Likes
waynetta1

Thank you very much. I'll give both of them a try!

0 Likes
Kasumi_Noxumbra

I know this is a year late, but you don't need any special programs with this phone to transfer ringtones/music/pictures to it. The easier way of doing this is to make sure you still have the usb charger cable that came with your cell, and simply plug the cable into your pc and cell.(Note that you will need an Micro SD card for this to work) Then follow these instructions after you get them connected:

1) Go into your "Main Menu" for the phone, as well as open "My Computer" on your pc.

2) Go to "Tools" in the "Main Menu" of your phone. Then at the very bottom of the "Tools" menu, there should be a option called "USB Mass Storage".

3) Go ahead and select it. You should now see a different screen saying Connected in red letters and a exclamation point inside a upside down triangle, and below that should read "Use PC option to safely disconnect, before unplugging USB cable from the device".

4) Now go to the "My computer" window on your pc, and there should be a new removable storage device that reads whatever the file size is of your micro SD. Go ahead and open that like you would with any storage device.

5) You should see a bunch of folders. "brew", "contact", "Music", "Photos", "Ringtones", "Sounds", and "Videos". Open the "Ringtones" folder. (These are what the phone creates when an Micro SD is inserted.)

6) Now you can drag and copy any mp3 from anywhere on your pc into this folder for your ringtones.

7) After you get done with transferring/copying files, make sure you do disconnect the phone through safely removing using the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option on the task bar on your pc first. Or at least, use the "Exit" option on your phone so that it closes the connection between the two.

😎 Now go enjoy some real custom ringtones that aren't limited. lol

Yes you can even have full songs as ringtones using this method. n_n And if you want to add music, photos, and videos, then add them to their respective folders. So music can be played through the music player, photos can be viewed through the photo album, and videos can be viewed through the video player. Anyways, hope this helps some people out who don't want the limitations of ringtones.

0 Likes