LG Octane Not deleting Text messages
caityg4

I went to delete my older texts because my inbox was getting full but then I realized not all of them had been deleted. I can't get them to delete. I keep erasing them and my phone will show a message saying they have been erased. When I check my messages, they are still there. I tried resetting, turning my phone on and off, taking the battery out and restoring my phone but the message are still there and won't delete. Is there anything I can do to delete them or something? My inbox is 80% full soon i wont even be able to get mesages HELP!! PLEASE!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane Not deleting Text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you clearing inbox, and sent messages too?  Are any of those messages locked?

0 Likes
caityg4

Yes I am and No nothing is locked. All the picture messages and my replies got deleted. None of the texts people sent me got deleted and wont delete.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get those messages out of there ASAP, caityg4! Please follow the steps below:

1. With the handset open and from the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.
2. Press the right soft key to choose Options. 
3. Select an option then press OK.
4. Erase Messages
5. Select an option then press OK.
6. All (read and unread) Messages

Only read Messages
1. Erase Sent
2. Select an option then press OK.
3. Yes or No

Erase All
1. Select an option then press OK.
2. All Messages including Unread or All except Unread Messages.

Let me know if you need additional assistance. Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mare63

I am having the same problem. The messages arent locked and the above fix doesnt work. Phone says deleting but the messages still there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mare63,  We want you to be able to easily manage your phone memory!  Are only random messages not erasing?  Have you tried restoring the device as the original poster attempted?  Here is a link to the instructions for the Octane: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=36531
Please make sure that you have backed up your contacts using Backup Assistant and your other media is backed up as well.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZwsupport

0 Likes