LG Octane Random Light Up?
cosmiclove

I've had the LG Octane for only a few months, and it has worked fine so far, with the exception of a few double-texting mishaps. I do enjoy the phone, until recently. 

A few days ago, out of the blue, my phone began to randomly light up without me pressing any buttons whatsoever. It will just be sitting on the table and it will light up as if I'm about to get a text or a call, but nothing happens and it just fades back out. This happens randomly but constantly, sometimes as soon as every 30 seconds. Any ideas as to what this may mean? I checked all the ERI and notification settings and they're all off, and I have no alarms set or data tools open. I am stumped as to what this could be, and it's frustrating and a bit spooky. 

I thought at first it was the alert as to entering and leaving a 3G area, but it has never happened before. Any reasons you can think that this may be happening? I'm only worried because I've read things about wiretapping and phone hacking...? Help?

Additional: It has been dropped, but that was a long time ago and this just started happening recently.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane Random Light Up?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi cosmiclove,

I want to assure you that I am confident that your phone is not being wiretapped. I would like to ask you a couple of questions about this issue and provide some insight for you and other users of the Octane. 

Octane has three menus for backlight: 

Menu

Setting & Tools

Display Settings

3. Backlight

1. Internal Backlight

2. External Backlight

3. Keypad Backlight.

1. Which backlight are you talking about?
  2. Can you describe the symptoms?
  3. Does the backlight always turn on or turn off after some time?

Please post back with any findings. 

Thanks very much!

0 Likes