LG Octane Reboots w/ Bluetooth On and Texting, Why?
SivadDarb

I have a LG-VN530 Octane. Verizon replaced my 1st one last month for this problem that I am going to explain to you.

So here is the problem. When my Octane is connected to Bluetooth in my car, and the phone receives a text message, it reboots. If someone uses my phone in my car to send a text while BT is on and connected, the phone reboots.

When BT is on and the phone is not connected to my car (the car is off), it receives/sends texts fine with no reboots. I can leave my Octane's BT on all day, and as long as it is not connected to my car, texting works fine.

I saw the thread about doing a master reset. Is this really necessary on this phone? See below....

Master Reset - LG Octane VN530

This procedure will erase all user data and restore the handset to the original factory settings.

1. With the handset open and from the main screen, press OK to choose MENU.
  2. Select Settings & Tools then press OK.
  3. Select Phone Settings then press OK.
  4. Select Security then press OK.
  5. Enter the Security Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).
  6. Select Restore Phone then press OK.
  7. Press OK.
  8. Enter the Restore Phone Code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number).

Thanks for any advice that you can give me. - Brad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane Reboots w/ Bluetooth On and Texting, Why?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

My Octane usually works great with my car. Never had your issues. But when I've had pairing issues, removing the battery while the phone is on has resolved those issues. Check your software to be sure you're on v8.

0 Likes
SivadDarb

Thanks for the response. I do have V8 on my unit. I will repair and see if that corrects anything. I don't think it will help though, because I just had to repair with this phone since it is a new Verizon replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SivadDarb!

It's very safe to use the Bluetooth while driving, so I understand why this is important! Let's see what's going on and find a resolution for you. First of all, trying a reset of the phone is a good idea. You are able to back up all of your data so it's not lost, before you complete the reset. Just follow these steps to back up your contacts: http://bit.ly/U9D0NP You can connect the phone to the PC with a USB cable and back up pictures/videos. If you have a memory card in the phone, any information on the memory card will also be backed up w/the USB cable.

I would also like to ask what model car you have? Have you had an opportunity to pair the bluetooth headset with any other car to see if the same thing happens? I ask this because the make and model of the vehicle can make a difference. Please let me know, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SivadDarb

Hello Christina and thank you for lending your assistance.

I just finished resetting my phone using the instructions I posted above. However my Octane still reboots when it receives a text message while paired to my car which incidentally is a 2012 Toyota Prius C4. I suppose it is very possible that my Octane is not compatible with the system in my car. That would be unfortunate. I have not paired with any other vehicles since this is my only BT enable vehicle.

What would you advise for my next step in this debugging process?

Thanks - Brad

0 Likes