LG Octane - Receiving message, that says memory is full or messages are locked when Sending Text
cngreen01

Ok people, i have a Verizon LG Octane phone and have had little issues with this phone since I bought it back in November. Now since saturday it is throwing me some fits, when ever i go to send a text it tells me its unable to save the sent text because memory is full or messages or locked. I did a web search for several hours and have been able to find no clear answer as to the what the problem could be but have noticed alot of people dealing with the same issue.

I have already deleted all messages in sent and inbox, even unlocked and deleted messages i had saved.

I checked memory levels and i have plenty of memory available.

I even went so far as to doing a reset back to stock settings on the phone, incase i touched something I shouldnt of and still have the issue

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, this is a very annoying issue

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane - Receiving message, that says memory is full or messages are locked when Sending Text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cngreen01,

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your device. If you have already completed a hard reset on your device and you are still experiencing the same problem, we might have to replace your device. Please follow me and DM your contact info to further assist you.

Thanks,
NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: LG Octane - Receiving message, that says memory is full or messages are locked when Sending Text
IndyHomeGirl

I am having the same issue with the Octane. There is more memory on this phone than the EnV3 I had, which I could have nearly 400 messages in my inbox. I can't have over 10 on the Octane and am getting the "can't save..." message. HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IndyHomeGirl,

That's not good! I know how important it is to have a properly working phone, so let's get your messaging fixed! Are there any messages locked and saved under 'Messaging' ? Go into text messaging, sent messages.  From there go to options and choose Manage Messages (#5).  Then choose Unlock (#3). I would also recommend checking the memory status by going to Settings & Tools> Memory> Phone Memory> Memory Usage. Once completed this should allow you to send messages again. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes