LG Octane freezes/shuts off when choosing emotion in a text!
kam96

This is getting really annoying. I have an LG Octane and every time I try to insert and emoticon face into a text message, the phone freezes or shuts down. It usually freezes to the black screen with the Verizon logo.

Any ideas??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane freezes/shuts off when choosing emotion in a text!
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Have you loaded the most current version of the firmware(v8)? I've heard of this issue, but we have 3 Octanes and none have this problem.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your reply, lewisr13.

Hello kam96,

I know what an inconvenience it must be experiencing difficulties with your phone. As lewisr13 suggested, please make sure you have the latest software update installed on your device. You can do this by following these steps:

• With flip open from the main screen press OK (the Menu key)
  • Press Settings and Tools and then OK.
  • Press Phone Info and press OK.
  • Scroll to Software Update and press OK.
  • Select Check New and press OK.

Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kam96

Thank you-

I tried this but it says No New Software Update Available

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi kam96,

It seems you already have the latest software version installed on your phone. Are you still experiencing the issue of the phone freezing or re-starting when inserting an emoticon in a text message? If so, I would like to recommend that you try a master reset on the phone. Below are the steps on how to complete the reset. Just click on the link below.

http://bit.ly/HcDKrn

If you continue to experience this issue, instead of going back and forth, please feel free to send me a DM with your name and mobile number. We can take this offline, and I will be happy to assist you with a resolution, once and for all.

Thanks very much!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brandyrenea

Mine does this too, but my antivirus says I may have a virus in my phone when I plugged it in my computer to update it.  The rep said I could bring it in to the store to do the update, but that they may have to restore it to factory settings.  I have a lot of purchased games stored in my phone...  would I lose these and everything else stored in there?  That is not very cool...   I do miss the little smileys and such though!

0 Likes
brandyrenea

My email is  >>removed<<, I would welcome an email on whether I can do the master reset too without losing everything I have done w/ stored in the phone for the past year and a half...

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes