LG Octane lock up
Yurre

Hello, My LG Octane recently locks up on the external screen. Consequently, the light stays on and the battery drains quickly. Also, it responds rather slowly to key strokes now. Is this a correctable issue, or is my phone dying?  Thanks, Y

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Octane lock up
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the Octane is a basic phone, I would suggest pulling the battery with the phone on to force a restart of the phone.  Let it sit for a minute or two with the battery out, then reinsert the battery and restart the phone.

You can also try deleting all call logs, and text messages,sent and received, and drafts, to be sure you have max memory available on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the Octane is a basic phone, I would suggest pulling the battery with the phone on to force a restart of the phone.  Let it sit for a minute or two with the battery out, then reinsert the battery and restart the phone.

You can also try deleting all call logs, and text messages,sent and received, and drafts, to be sure you have max memory available on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks for supporting Yurre by providing troubleshooting steps to unlock that device. That's an awesome suggestion. When your device's memory capacity is full, it can cause some delays in it's performance. As a result, it's recommended that you delete any unwanted information like call logs, text messages, applications, pictures, and videos. Once this information is deleted, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes