LG Octane - no check mark when text is received?
cassarie2

On all my other Verizon phones, when you sent a text to some who also has Verizon, a check mark would show up to confirm that they received it. But my new Octane isn't doing that. I have the latest software update, I have the "Delivery Receipt" option turned ON, and I know the people I'm texting are Verizon. Sometimes if I restart my phone, the check marks will start working but only for a few texts, then it just shows the green arrow and never updates to a check mark. And if I change the "Messages View" to "Time", it works, but when I have it set on "Contact", it doesn't work. But I want it to work when I have it set on Contact! What can I do to solve this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane - no check mark when text is received?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand the importance of being able to manage your text messages and confirm the receipt of the message sent. I apologize you are having difficulties with this feature on your LG Octane and I'm here to help.

I have thoroughly researched this issue and found that it is a known reported issue with this devices and it will be addressed in the next maintenance release. At this time I have no information as to when it will be released, but expect it to be soon. The current soft ware version on the LG Octane is VN530ZV6. 

You mentioned that if you change the Messages View to Time it works. As a temporary work around I suggest you keep it set to this until the update is released and resolves the issue.

Once the update becomes available you can update by performing an over-the-air activation:

1. From the main screen, perform an over-the-air activation by dialing *228 send and selecting option 1.

2. Press OK. Device will restart.

3. Press OK. Software download will take 1 to 2 minutes.

4.  Press OK. Software upgrade will take 1 to 2 minutes.

5. Navigate Menu > Settings and Tools > Phone Info > SW / HW Version and verify the upgraded version.

I appreciate your patience as we work diligently to resolve this issue.

0 Likes