LG Octane won't erase messages
14billam

It gives me the message that I have erased the messages, but they won't erase for anything.

I've tried taking out the battery and resetting my phone, nothing will work.

If anyone has any ideas on something I can try, that'd be great because my inbox is almost full.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane won't erase messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text messages?  Voice messages?

Voice messages - resetting your phone will not help as the voicemail is on Verizon servers, not your phone.  Do you have any saved messages that may be taking up space?  Any new messages not listened to?

Text messages - clear your sent messages and draft folder as well as your inbox.  Do you have any messages that you have locked that are not getting deleted?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Sunday 14billam,

As your wireless provider, we are here to help and support you in any way we can. We would like to showcase this to you today. May I ask have you tried the steps that SuzyQ listed? Thanks SuzyQ! If so then what were the results? If you are still having issues then please specify is it with text messaging or voice mail messages. If voice mail messages then we have a quick internal method that will work but you may have to re-setup your greeting. We are eagerly awaiting your reply.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
14billam

Sorry, I am talking about text messages.

I just deleted my drafts, and my sent messages delete without a problem. Whenever I go to delete the entire conversation, only the sent messages with delete. I can manually delete about 1/3 of my received text messages, but certain messages it will NOT erase no matter what.

I've gone into a verizon wireless store where they hard reset my phone 4 times (even though I told them I already had...) and spent about 45 minutes there to have them do everything I have tried at home. And when they called customer service, they basically just suggested I get a new phone even though I do NOT want to upgrade or switch phones, I want assistance fixing this phone.

Message was edited by: Maggie Billadeau I also have no locked texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there 14billam,

Thanks for the additional information.  Even after the hard reset, the messages are still stored on the phone? That is certainly odd.  What happens when you try to delete a message? Does it not provide you with that option or does it give you an error message?

Any physical or water damage done to the device? How long have you had it for?

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes