LG Revere 3 phone won't charge
Guerneville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased this phone from Verizon over the phone. The first one arrived and would not charge or turn on. They sent a second one - same problem. Can't turn on - won't charge - called tech support both times. They can't figure out the problem. On their end it is activated.  But the phone is dead - both of them - won't turn on to be able to finish the activation. So now they are sending me a third phone - this time I notice it is a refurbished one.  I cannot believe what crap Verizon is selling.  I don't know how to fix this and neither does Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere 3 phone won't charge
Snn5
Legend

I assume they sent a battery with the first one and asked you to keep the battery (and battery back) from the first one each time you got a replacement without a battery.  Does the phone not respond at all when plugged in to charge?  Will it respond when plugged in and no battery installed?  Maybe a battery issue?

0 Likes
Guerneville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I took both phones out of their boxes. Took the batteries out. Plugged each one in with the cord. Yes, they do turn on – both of them – but neither one would finish the activation. I’m thinking the guy on the phone yesterday activated the refurbished one he is sending me. I will go online and see if I can activate online one of these phones again without the battery in it.

Thank you,

Karen Cox

Guerneville 5 & 10

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, could be a battery issue or the charger or outlet or USB plug.  If a phone works with battery out but not in, usually the battery at fault.

0 Likes
Guerneville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too bad the Verizon 2nd tier guys did not know this. They could just send me another battery. I tried both batteries in both phones and switched them back and forth and they still don’t work. I’ve never had such trouble with a simple basic phone before. I have a Samsung Note 4, partner has iPhone 5 and daughter has iphone4. No problems at all. I need a very basic simple phone for my mother who is 88. I’m glad these phones were sent to me and not to her. This would have made her head explode…… So I will wait til phone #3 arrives and see about activating one of these new ones. I tried to go on the website and activate one of these again online. But the 3rd one has been sent out already and I cannot change it.

Thank you,

Karen Cox

Guerneville 5 & 10

Snn5
Legend

Hope it works out.

0 Likes
Guerneville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay Snn5 – I called Verizon again – this time got a really nice guy who knows his stuff. He had me hold the power button in for 20 seconds – that reset the phone and the software. He said it isn’t a battery issue, it isn’t a charger issue – it is a software issue. Once I reset it, turned it off, turned it back on, the phone went through the activation series and started charging the battery just fine. Thank heavens there are a couple of Verizon guys who know what to do.

Thank you,

Karen Cox

Guerneville 5 & 10

MARNYGUATEMALA

He said it isn’t a battery issue, it isn’t a charger issue – it is a software issue.

This is correct - and I fear it is by design.

Verizon designs and offers a phone with "defects" and it gives customers an incentive to be "sold up.'

Like pictures that used to be transferable to your computer using the cord (Revere 1) or using the convenient Revere 2 Verizon "Picture Cache" (accessible online with your computer but slightly less convenient) Or now Revere 3 only through Bluetooth since Revere 3 won't access the "Verizon Cloud" - and you need a device which is Bluetooth compatible AND will connect to your computer online via Email.

Or in Revere 3 a device which MANY online complain of the dreaded "Verizon Flash of Death" which is essentially the phone locking up and designed to drive you to a Verizon Store to have it "reset."

Which they will do gladly if the phone is still under warranty - by giving you ANOTHER phone.   But you're out of luck entirely if your phone happens to be beyond the warranty period.

UNLESS you decide to duplicate your previous mistake and buy another Revere 3.   It's SOOO tempting to buy either a Verizon extended warranty for a device doomed from the start - OR upgrade to a smart phone.

Which ain't gonna happen to this customer.

Try an Ebay seller of refurbished phones.   Only requirement is it has to be a "Verizon" LG Revere.  THEY can and do reset phones.   And you can buy a separate 1 year warranty which will refund the phone price (typically half of new) for less than a meal at McDonalds.

Sorry Verizon - yours is a lousy business model.

0 Likes