LG Revere 3 won't turn on
ec37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. My LG Revere 3 won't turn on. I charged it all day yesterday while I went out with the family, and forgot to take it off the charger until this morning. When I went to see if anyone had called or texted- the screen was blank. So I held the power button to turn it back on. The LG Screen lights up, and goes away shortly after- but never powers on. Any help to troubleshoot this problem is appreciated- otherwise I'll have to stop by a Verizon store on my way home from work today I suppose...

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revere 3 won't turn on
ec37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a charger and plugged it into my laptop, and it says 'battery charging' so I tried to turn it on. Didn't work.. but..

I let it charge for 5-10 minutes, then tried, and presto it turned on.

The only thing i can think of is that maybe it didn't actually charge yesterday at all. When I plugged it in it had 1 bar on it- so maybe it never actually charged and instead it just died.

Oh well. Appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. if it dies later after I take it off the charger, then I'll visit a store.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Take off charger and remove battery for a min or 2.  Then put back in and try to power on.

0 Likes
ec37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had it off the charger since about 7am this morning. I have the phone with me at work right now (though I didn't bring the charger because it charged all day yesterday so it should be fully charged), and have taken the battery out. I left it out for a good 10 minutes before putting it back in recently, and it did the same thing. Though, I kept trying and suddenly, now the LG screen won't even come on as it was doing before...

hopefully i can find someone with a charger so I can see if that helps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I dont know if charging has anything to do with this but, and this sounds dumb, but I found this:

LG Revere 3 Not Charging

I might stop by a corporate store today after work.

0 Likes
ec37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a charger and plugged it into my laptop, and it says 'battery charging' so I tried to turn it on. Didn't work.. but..

I let it charge for 5-10 minutes, then tried, and presto it turned on.

The only thing i can think of is that maybe it didn't actually charge yesterday at all. When I plugged it in it had 1 bar on it- so maybe it never actually charged and instead it just died.

Oh well. Appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. if it dies later after I take it off the charger, then I'll visit a store.

Saved1
Enthusiast - Level 2

ec37: Whatever happened to your LG Revere 3? We're you able to get a charge or turn the phone back on? The same thing happened to one of our phones of the same model. I'd like to know how you resolved your issue. All of a sudden, one of our two LG Revere 3s just died today. We tried replacing the battery, a different battery, charging at several outlets, and the 20-second power button reset we read about on another thread. The battery works in our other phone of the same model. This phone is less than a year old, and has not had any charging issues before. I also read that this model comes shipped with enough battery (about 30-35%) to complete the activation required before you can fully charge, and one forum said sometimes they shut off by default if the charge gets that low, and the software has to be reset. Now we're charging directly to the laptop via USB hoping that "tricks" the software into thinking it's charged. So far, nothing. Did you get yours fixed, or did you have to get a new phone? Thanks.

0 Likes