LG Revere Software Update
Shutech

OK,

I handle the phones for my parents.

Both older and only need the Basic Phones so they are both on Reveres.

My Dad is hard on his so I have gone to buying him gently used phones to save.

I bought 2 Verizon Reveres that were prepaid phones and have made it past the 6 Month Date so they are eligible for Contract activation.

The first thing I ran into was activating the phones. Neither phone would accept an activation by account.

I called in to Verizon they confirmed both EINs were clean and past 6 m months and could be contract or PP.

I had to do an activation with the Verizon rep and it went fine.

Second:

Before I did any switching of phones I connected the original Revere to the computer and I installed and checked the Verizon Software assistant from LG and I connected and it found the phone and said it needed an update so I downloaded and installed the update.

The information comes up as SW VN150ZV4 and has the phone in the list of devices on the upgrade program.

Next I did a complete reset of the new phone then activated my dad's number on the new phone. It took and everything is fine.

I then started the Verizon Software assistant from LG. I connected the phone it then gives me the status bar on the right and then nothing it will not even list the phone. It does not find it.

When I go to phone info I get a SW version vn150zv2 and all the other software has the same numbers for both HW and software that my dad has.

So what gives. I even deleted my dads original phone from the list and it was found and added back to the list. I have tried several times to connect either of the other Reveres that I have that are lgtvn150sv2 and neither can be found by the update software.

I also tried to do an OTA software update but get a server not found error try again later.

Help please.

Thank You

Michael

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere Software Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Shutech,

First off, I am glad that both phones were able to be activated after their stint on prepay.

Secondly, VN150ZV4 is the most current and up to date software for the Revere. It is possible that when you did the reset of the device that it erased any past software updates and the new update that is trying to push through needs those first ones in order to complete. The Over the Air software update may also not push through. What I would recommend is bringing it into one of our direct stores to see if they can complete it on their end. You can find one here http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

Please inform the store that they are not taking the software update. It may take about 20 minutes at the store for it to go through. If I may ask, were the phones having any issues or were you just trying to keep up to date with the phones for your parents (very nice of you by the way)? I hope they are functioning alright! Please let us know if we can assist further.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes