LG Revere VN150: transfer text messages to PC?
revereuser14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to transfer/download text messages from an LG Revere VN150 to a Windows 7 PC?

I have over 100 very important text messages that I want to save. Forwarding each one (one at a time) to an e-mail account is almost impossible (and none of the message info, such as timestamps, comes through that way).

I had tried to connect the phone to the PC with the USB cable, but that didn't work. The device is "not recognized" by the PC. I've read online that there's no driver to support LG VN150 connected via USB.

I was able to copy the photos from my phone to my PC (Windows 7) using Bluetooth, but the only "file folders" that show up for the phone device are MyPictures and MySounds. I don't see text messages, contacts, etc.

I've read about BitPim, but this phone is not listed as a supported device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere VN150: transfer text messages to PC?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

revereuser14 wrote:

I've read about BitPim, but this phone is not listed as a supported device.

Bit Pim is likely your best bet, even though your specific model phone is not listed.  If there is a model like it, you may have success - we've used it for models not listed, using another model by the same manufacturer.  Look at LG models with similar #'s, try to connect, and see if you are successful.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revere VN150: transfer text messages to PC?
gabbe

hope this is not redundant...make sure you have an email address for your recipient in your contacts:

1) media center

2) pictures

3) my pictures

4) click on picture

5) options

6) send

7) picture message

😎 choose your email address

9) OK

that's the best you can do...ah, yes but it's only $5.00 a month.

0 Likes