LG Revere is Dead
Spruce201

This afternoon, I tried to install a Verizon update on my cell phone. After an apparent initial success, a message came that said "wrong software installed." Now, all there is on the display is the Verizon logo. I've attempted to charge the phone, but there was no sign of life (it was already fully charged); I took the advice of someone on the Verizon Web site who suggested removing the battery, but am stymied because  the first step is turning the telephone off, which I can't do. I see the message on the Verizon site to call the Help Desk, but I have no other telephone than this one. I don't see where I can contact anyone by e-mail except in the way I'm doing  right now. What advice can anyone give me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere is Dead
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what happened with the update - have you removed the battery to force a restart of the phone?  Removing the battery will shut the phone off.  Wait a minute or two and then reinsert the battery and power the phone back on.

If it won't boot normally, post back with any error messages, or tell us what does happen.  Let us know what happens....

0 Likes
Spruce201

Twice, I took the battery out and waited a minute or two. When I pressed

"END," the logo came on the screen, but nothing else happened. Since I

posted my message, I have learned that, because of the snowstorm here in

Atlanta where I live this afternoon, service by some cell phone providers

is down. Could that be the reason for my problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Spruce201,

Oh no! Software updates are supposed to enhance the device. I apologize that this did not occur on your recent update. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Please accept my follow and send a private message with your mobile number so that I can view the account for equipment options.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Spruce201

The cell phone has not been near water, has not been dropped, and has not been mishandled. All I did was to go to "Settings" in an effort to get details about my cellphone because I wanted to contact Verizon about call plans. Before I got to the correct button, I saw the "suggestion" or question about whether I had updated my software recently. I had not, so I selected that option. At first, the procedure seemed to succeed---or, at least, the image went off the screen and I sensed that something was happening. The next event was a short, quick message, "incorrect software installed." Only the logo appeared on the screen and on the outside lid. Since then, I have tried charging the phone and, when it is plugged in, the logo shows. When it is not plugged in, the logo will show for about fifteen seconds if I push"End." I plan to visit a local Verizon store tomorrow (after Atlanta streets are truly passable). My own notion is that, somehow, the battery got zapped and will have to be replaced.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spruce201,

Let's bring your phone back to life. Please accept my follow and send us a private message so we can further address your concerns.

-KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
sunflower35

Did you ever get an answer to your question about the LG Revere?  The same thing just happened to me.

0 Likes