LG Revere prepaid roaming
forestabri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 5 bars showing in 1X and I can receive calls, but cannot make calls, not even to check my messages. It shows the "911 only" icon and the white triangle icon (roaming?). The coverage map shows my area as being in a roaming zone for prepaids. It does not make sense to me that I have 5 bars and cannot make a call. My phone (and my wife's) is nearly useless because of this issue. I'm past my 15 day return, or I would simply return it. Not sure how this can be fixed. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere prepaid roaming
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello forestabi, We want you to have the best possible wireless service at all times!  Where are you located?  Are you getting an error message when making calls?  Have you tried using the phones in a different area?  It would be my pleasure to continue working with you. 

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follwo us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: LG Revere prepaid roaming
forestabri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park. I was getting the Verizon error message "cannot complete the call as dialed" and very occasionally would get the "enter the ten digit number" message and a few times the call would go through. At work I would get 5 bars on 1X and could receive calls but could not make calls. I called customer service and went through the fixes which did not work, and when the representative tried to help with re-programming, she couldn't do it. After trying the "*228" programming, it connected to a Golden State tower and wiped out my Verizon programming. Now I cannot receive calls and I get the "initial programming needed" message, and my phone info doesn't show my number anymore. I know several people with Verizon phones at work, and theirs work, but they are all on post paid service plans. I bought the phones in Gardnerville, Nevada at the Verizon store while taking care of my father while he was recovering from an illness, and the phones worked very well there. I only encountered problems upon returning home several weeks later. I was told that roaming would work for me, and since I live very close to a Golden State tower I figured they would work fine because visitors to my home had no problems.

Thanks,

Brian

ps, I am in contact with your executive offices and hope to resolve this soon.

0 Likes