LG VN170 txt message delete problem.
firestorm31z
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a basic phone, LG VN170.  I am having trouble deleting this one txt message.  it apparently got corrupted somehow.  this text msg is viewable, but the info on it is incorrect.  it had the name of one contact and the txt body belonged to another contact.

I can't delete this one txt message.  I also can't mass auto-delete the inbox txt.

how do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: LG VN170 txt message delete problem.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to assist you with this text-messaging issue, firestorm31z. Please follow the instructions below and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Delete individual messages

From the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.

Select Inbox then press OK. Select a 10-digit mobile number / Contact then press the left soft key to choose Erase.

Select Yes then press OK.

Delete multiple messages

From the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.

Press the right soft key to choose Options.

Select an option then press OK.

Erase Inbox

All (read and unread) Messages

Only read Messages

Erase Sent

Yes

No

Erase Drafts

Yes

No

Erase All Messages

All Messages including Unread

All except Unread Messages

-Antonio

0 Likes
firestorm31z
Enthusiast - Level 2

i tried those commands  they did not work.  all it did was lock the phone up and it timed out before rebooting. 

0 Likes
firestorm31z
Enthusiast - Level 2

i tried those commands  they did not work.  all it did was lock the phone up and it timed out before rebooting.

i'm dealing with a corrupted text message that had the header of another contact and the body of the txt message was from PJ's cafe contact.

the other thing is, usually, the inbox tells me i'm running out of text message space when it nears 300 messages.  with the corrupted text in there, it blew past the 300 limit to 350 messages.

i've deleted most of the text manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, firestorm31z. We are sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your phones messaging application. Have you tried doing a Factory Reset? Also, do you have all your contacts, photos, etc backed up? *Cassie

0 Likes
firestorm31z
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a partial solution to it. 

I locked the corrupted txt that could not be deleted and was able to auto delete the the old txts.

0 Likes