Lg Cosmos Power Button Won't Work
jgordon66

I called my sister today and when I went to hang up, the power button on my phone wouldn't work.  Now, sometimes it is a little finicky.. but I tried multiple times and to no avail.  Finally, I took the battery out of my phone in order to end the call.  I can't get my phone to turn back on, even after plugging it into my charger and into my computer.

Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Cosmos Power Button Won't Work
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone still within the warranty period?

It may be the button is just "stuck" - due to use, or gunk around the key, and cleaning it carefully may free it up.

Sorry I don't have more suggestions - you've already done the battery pull and attempted to restart, so it sounds to me like they key is just stuck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for the trouble the Cosmos is causing, jgordon66! Lets take a deeper look into this. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I can assist further.

Thanks
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brokenbutton

In this case, if you take the battery out and connect your phone to a power supply, justr wait a few minutes (5mins or so) and the phone will automatically tuen on, and you will see your main screen. Then just put the battery back into it.

I would suggest buying a new phone and taking your precious data off the phone.

0 Likes