Lg Extravert Message tones.
BobKatt

Just got this phone. I like it so far, but it will not save text tones that I select. I can change the ringer tone, and when I change the text tone and save it, then go back in and view the contact settings, it shows the text tone the same name as the ring tone. Not only that, when I text it with my wife's phone it plays the default tone. software shows up to date.... vn271v5. Any Ideas on a fix? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Extravert Message tones.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BobKatt,

Oh my! I know how important it is to be able to determine users by text ringtone. I myself use quite a few ringtones as well, so I can certainly understand your frustration. Let's get this resolved. The LG Extravert allows you to change ringtones in two ways:

1. Contact ID
Menu > Contacts > (select item) > Edit > Ringtones > Change > (select) > Save
Menu > Media Center > Music & Tones > My Ringtones > (select item) > Set as > Contact ID > (select contact)
Menu > Media Center > Music & Tones > My Sounds > (select item) > Set as > Contact ID > (select contact)

2. Incoming Call
Menu > Settings > Sounds Settings > Ringtones > Incoming Call > (select)
Menu > Media Center > Music & Tones > My Ringtones > (select item) > Set as > Ringtones
Menu > Media Center > Music & Tones > My Sounds > (select item) > Set as > Ringtones

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BobKatt

Yes I know how to chage them. The problem is is that ringtones I have downloaded will not "stick", or work for contacts texts. tones. Only the ones preloaded will. The ringer tones I can change ok. Thanks!

0 Likes
cskipper

I have the same issue with my LG Extravert. I am paged via text frequently for my job and would l like to set the work number to page me with a specific message tone that I have downloaded. When I change the message tone to the downloaded tone it shows it on the profile but only the default preloaded message tone plays.

0 Likes
BobKatt

Should be abel for them to fixitwith a firmware updat. My wife has a cosmos2 and my sister has a comosos touch, and they both can set text tones to ones they have dowloaded. Maybe if enoughpeople complain they will fix it.

0 Likes
gggm05751
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have the same problem..... different tones seem to work if you assign one of the phones default ringtones to messages, but will not work with custom ringtones.  please fix!