Lg Octane
princess12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this phone 8 days ago and have some questions.

1) phone has rebooted roughly 4-5 times. First time not sure since it was only 2 days and still getting used to the phone. Yesterday it did it just trying to view a picture. Then again with the smiley icon (fun+m key) plus 1-2 more times after that. It's says it's v8 for the software. Though last Thur tried to update from v6 to 8 but b/c I hadn't turned it on for the updates yet it said "user rejected and gave error code 401".

2) I've charged the phone three (3) times so far. Talk time of 2ish hours and texted roughly 10 msg. Does this sound normal? Anything I can do to get more life btw chargers (any settings that drain it quicker) ?

3) What memory cards tend to work best with this phone?

4) how can i find out the manufacture date of the phone?

Thanks!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Octane
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

princess12 wrote:

I got this phone 8 days ago and have some questions.

1) phone has rebooted roughly 4-5 times. First time not sure since it was only 2 days and still getting used to the phone. Yesterday it did it just trying to view a picture. Then again with the smiley icon (fun+m key) plus 1-2 more times after that. It's says it's v8 for the software. Though last Thur tried to update from v6 to 8 but b/c I hadn't turned it on for the updates yet it said "user rejected and gave error code 401".

2) I've charged the phone three (3) times so far. Talk time of 2ish hours and texted roughly 10 msg. Does this sound normal? Anything I can do to get more life btw chargers (any settings that drain it quicker) ?

3) What memory cards tend to work best with this phone?

4) how can i find out the manufacture date of the phone?

Thanks!!!

You need to do a redo on the software update. Don't know about the battery and talk time, We don't use them that much for talking. We have 3 Octanes and have 3 different cards in them with no problems.

0 Likes
princess12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks..Do I need to go to a store or can I redo the software? (how would I?)

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You can do it.

open phone. go to menu, settings & tools, phone info, software update,  check new, OK

0 Likes
princess12
Enthusiast - Level 2

it says that there are no new updates. I went to Verizon and they said it's fine and updated. The user msg thru me off. Fingers crossed

0 Likes