Lg env touch data plan?
kristar
Hi

So I have an env touch that was not activated before or on my family plan. If I activate it will there be any type of data plan? If someone could please answer that would be great!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg env touch data plan?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

kristar wrote:
Hi

So I have an env touch that was not activated before or on my family plan. If I activate it will there be any type of data plan? If someone could please answer that would be great!

Thanks to the community members for your input. Kristar, the LG enV TOUCH does require a data plan so it can used on one of your family shared lines. I invite you to consider the benefits of a data plan. The LG enV TOUCH has many features using data as an enhancement for the phone abilities. Also, here's another link for some information to better assist you with our data plan options and the values of having a data plan with this device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kristar
Also I have been reading former posts about similar questions and I don't understand why there is so much confusion about this and why not one person can get a straight forward consistent answer from Verizon! Very frustrating!
0 Likes
chances1421

i'm pretty sure that you don't need a data plan to activate an env touch because it's only a feature phone (now called a basic phone). Verizon used to require that feature phones have a $10 data plan but they got rid of that requirement. i think that's where the confusion stems from

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I am 100% positive you do NOT need a data plan with an enV Touch. (even though the web site thinks you do)

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

kristar wrote:
Hi

Thanks to the community members for your input. Kristar, the LG enV TOUCH does require a data plan so it can used on one of your family shared lines. I invite you to consider the benefits of a data plan. The LG enV TOUCH has many features using data as an enhancement for the phone abilities. Also, here's another link for some information to better assist you with our data plan options and the values of having a data plan with this device.

0 Likes
DRAEGER

My Daughter has the Env Touch with a Data Plan, $10.00 for 75mb's and only uses it for Facebook and the occasional Google search.  

A Data Plan wasn't required when we purhcased it, and I thought about getting her an upgrade (Droid) and using the phone for myself until I recently found out we are NOW required to have a Data Plan for it...  thats insane !

Her mom and I have NO use for a Data Plan or other Data required enhancements.  I was forced to get a Data Plan when I purhcased my Samsung Rogue, despite being told repeatedly that it wasn't required by the Verizon sales staff where I live.

If your like many of us that don't need a Data Plan... Try a Samsung U370.  Has the Smartphone style and features without the any required Data Plan. 

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

For anyone that thinks they are required to have a data plan on their LG Touch should contact Dion at the end of this string of messages.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Wireless-Feature-Questions-Other/Does-the-LG-EnV-Touch-require-a-data-pl...

0 Likes
DRAEGER

Long story.. short..

CSR told me last night that the only way out of a Data Plan on the Rogue or Env Touch is to add a Data Block to that phone.  Which automatically removes the Data Plan from your plan and keep in mind, prevents you from even using the pay-as-you-go plan too.

My Rogue has no Data Plan as of now...  waiting to see if it sticks...

This shouldn't be this hard!!!  I haven't been under a Verizon contract for sometime now, So I could leave and take my 3 phones to another carrier anytime.  But that isn't the point....  I like my Samsung Rogue, My wife likes her Casio® EXILIM and my daughter likes her ENv Touch (but would love a Droid style phone without the $30.00 data package-$10.00 for 75mb would be good for her).

0 Likes
blynch_15

I just ordered a refurbished LG EnV Touch off of Ebay and was wondering the same thing. My parents are not allowing me to have a data package yet. My next upgrade is December of 2013. I don't want the extra data. I have been told that the Touch doesn't require it unless you are using the internet on it. I never use the internet on my basic phone, so can someone please answer my question. Greatly appreciated!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Env Touch doesn't require a data package, although you may have to choose one if you activate it on-line.  You can then call Customer Service and have them remove the data package and put a data block on the phone.

0 Likes