Limit on number of contacts 1 can text
SCGillette

Is there a limit as to how many contacts 1 can text at a time? I find that I can only text 10 on my Palm Centro. Friends have faced similar limits with their phones. A discussion in 2010 said that a Droid could only text 10 at that time. However, nothing at the Verizon website for texting addresses this.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Limit on number of contacts 1 can text
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

i have the samsung brightside by verizon and i can text 20 contacts at one time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SC Gillette, that's a great question and I'll be happy to help! Current phones are able to text many more contacts, but the Centro will not be able to text more than 10 contacts at once. I apologize for the inconvenience.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stinker

My wife has a Droid Maxx M, and she was able to text her entire work group at once. We took the phone in for help installing an email address, and now it's limited to 20. What happened?

0 Likes
bandroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have an HTC Thunderbolt and can only text 10 at a time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stinker, we can certainly figure out what happened to your wife's phone. I double checked, and I'm seeing that the RAZR and RAZR MAXX have a max of 20 contacts per message. I send messages to our entire group often and have to split it into two messages. Could she have been using email or a third party app before? It looks like 20 is the max for most our newer phones, 10 for previous phones.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stinker

No, she just got the phone and it didn't have the limit. Now it's limited to 20. She's trying to avoid having to type the message twice.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes