Low or no signal for cell phone in the Entiat Washington area. Any plans for new cell tower ?
Fairweather

There is low or no signal for cell phone usage west of the Entiat Washington area.   There are 28 miles of residential homes up the Entiat Valley road with no cell reception .  Also included in this area is the community of Ardenvoir, Washington, population 60 and growing.. New homes going up everyday.. Again, no cell signal.. Any plans for a new tower to cover at least part of the area? 

Note: During last year's wild fire season, we had a cell signal, strong enough to make a cell call.. Then after the fires were put out, the cell signal disappeared .

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Low or no signal for cell phone in the Entiat Washington area. Any plans for new cell tower ?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Coverage Locator

You can use the coverage locator to see what kind service you should expect using your zip code. If you're not getting service, which based on the zip code I did find it's very limited, you should look into the extender to boost service.

Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01)- Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Low or no signal for cell phone in the Entiat Washington area. Any plans for new cell tower ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It takes time to build and install a new tower. It starts with the property owners and the local government allowing a tower to built there. Then there is the matter of getting federal government approval, getting power and fiber to the site, ordering the material for the tower itself and finally building and testing of the tower. All of this can take two years or more to get everything in place.

I would suspect that during the wildfire season, Verizon and other carriers had portable cellular towers in the area to support the fire crews and their communication needs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Coverage Locator

You can use the coverage locator to see what kind service you should expect using your zip code. If you're not getting service, which based on the zip code I did find it's very limited, you should look into the extender to boost service.

Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01)- Verizon Wireless

0 Likes