Messaging Problems
natbret812

I just upgraded to a Pantech Hotshot. When I activated my phone, I couldn't text. It is part of my plan, and I was able to text before upgrading. I have gone through and made sure messaging wasn't blocked in my phone settings, but it didn't help. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging Problems
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to contact Customer Service (or check via your on-line MyVerizon account) to ensure that texting isn't blocked on your plan.  If it isn't, CS may need to reset your texting feature.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

B33
Legend

Note: All offices Including Technical support are Closed Today..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your recent upgrade natbret812! Allow us to get to the bottom of your messaging concerns. I understand you have already checked the messaging restrictions on the phone. Have you verified there is not a text messaging block added to your account at the time you activated the phone? When you attempt to send a text message, is there a certain error message you receive?

You may also verify there is no text messaging block by logging into your account online via My Verizon. To verifiy there is not a block added, simply click http://vz.to/18drqo7

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes