Mobile email fiasco with LG Extravert!
adrianisbored

Hi! I just purchased a Verizon LG Extravert prepaid unlimited $50 plan. Your mobile email program is on the phone for the first few days, then it expires. When I go to the mobile apps store and select your email application, it shows that the program is already installed and asks, 'would you like to buy additional uses for this app?' I press yes and it sends me to a screen that again states that it is installed. But I cannot find a way to activate the email app because both email buttons I press on the phone brings me to a screen that says the app is expired, then brings me back to the app screen to purchase and the entire process simply loops like this. I've been back to the Verizon store from which I purchased the phone, and they can do nothing but reset the phone to make your app works for a few days before it expires again. The instructions for your email app on the Verizon site has instructions that don't actually exist on the phone, please help me! I love the phone and your service, but I am stuck here and no one knows what to do...

Adrian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile email fiasco with LG Extravert!
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, you bought a piece-of-$$$$ (and VZW knows about it) with this known issue and Verizon won't do a DAMN thing about it. You need to return it, there is NO known work-around to this issue.

0 Likes
adrianisbored

Thanks, Fergieg! I suspected as much, but there is surprisingly little info on the net about this issue. You'd think that with thousands of these phones sold there would be a lot of outrage about it, but I can't find much of anything. I hope to hear from a Verizon rep regarding this issue, perhaps if I can show the store from which I purchased this phone an official response saying this is a known problem, I can get my $ back (it's now been a little over 2 weeks)...

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Oh it is a known problem alright.

Let me tell you, as a prepiad customer, your business is worth basically nothing to VZW. The only scenario where Verizon even cares about prepaid is the quarterly "net customers added" number since new prepaid customers are included in it and the larger the number, the better it looks. Have you tried talking to a LIVE prepay customer service? Oh wait, getting a live prepay CS is harder than manufacturing your own phone - so don't even bother.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

btw, you can try going to LG's website, download the software update tool and see if there is a new software update available. http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGVN271

0 Likes
adrianisbored

You are very helpful, I'll follow your link to see if there's an update. Do you know if there are other VZW prepaid phone for which the mobile email app actually works?

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

As far as I know, the $50 plan works with very selected handsets - there are a few models that support mobile email - however, let me make something clear to you: Mobile email subscription is NOT included in the $50/mo plan. $50 plan includes only unl talk, unl text and unl WEB. Now, unl WEB is NOT the same thing as unl DATA. Web = Web browsing. I think the mobile email subscription is an addtional $7/month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey adrianisbored,

We mainly work with postpay here, but I think I can lend a hand. The Extravert is compatible with Mobile E-mail and you should be able to use it. It is $5.00 a month for full access. If you are having trouble, I would suggest calling into our Prepay customer service at 888-294-6804. We do care about our prepay customers and want to make sure they get the most out of their device! Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tinwoods
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, dear, MichelleG, to be as delicate as possible... you are so full of it.  It is mid-February, nearly half a year since this thread was started, and I've just been through the Verizon propaganda mill about this problem.  Nothing has changed.  After two visits to two different Verizon stores and FOUR phone calls with different friendly-but-useless Customer Service reps, the problem still exists.  First I was told it was something I was doing incorrectly, next I was told the Verizon network was "experiencing problems" in my coverage area and to try loading the app again the next day, finally, a week after that, someone was the closest thing to honest and told me that it was a problem with the phone and that I should contact LG about it. (yes, passing the buck).  That last Verizon rep, like all the ones before her, made it sound like this was a brand new problem.  Obviously, after reading these posts, I see that it is not; that you and your crappy company have known about this problem for a considerable time.  Say what you will and tow the company line all you want, but Verizon clearly does not care about its Prepay customers.  Thank goodness I opted for the easy-to-end Prepay program and didn't get stuck in an impenetrable contract.  You have terrific coverage (hear that Sprint?), but terribly ineffective Customer Service.