Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,554 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Motorola W755 Contact Backup Option for Unavailable Backup Assistant with Error 3332?
RICPAR1

As I have discovered, my excellent and low cost Motorola W755 is no longer able to download a copy of Backup Assistant to allow sync to the Verizon Cloud.  I have found that if a W755 already has Backup Assistant on it, it will allow contact backups.  The phone I have does not already have it.   I would like an alternative.  

1.  One option that seems to be out there are old copies of Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 or 5.0 that runs on a PC and claims to allow usb or bluetooth manual backups of the contacts.  However most sellers of Phone Tools warn that it only runs on 2000 or XP and not Win 7 or above.   Is that true? 

2.  Second option that appears to work is to have two W755 phones and use paired bluetooth between them to download the primary phones contacts to the backup phones contacts.   Obviously no automatic option and no clear way to create a transportable vcf file.   I have seen this option work although it is only mentioned in the W755 manual as one contact at a time.  I find there is a multiple and an all option as well.    See * for how it works.

3.  Third option is the worst, eg manually entering contacts one by one from the keypad.  Good way to spend a day if you have 400 contacts like I do plus the inevitable errors that will be introduced.

End

* Bluetooth W755 to another W755 for Transfer of Contacts:

1.  Link both phone together with Bluetooth, one Discoverable and the other Bluetooth Search.  See W755 manual if necessary.

2,  Know the destination's "My Phone Name" (under bluetooth options next to Discovery mode).

3.  Highlight a Contact in the old or source phone but don't View it

4.  Select "Option"

5.  Select "Send Name Card"

6.  Select "Bluetooth"

7.  Optionally Select "Add"  or jump to step 9 "Send"

8.  Select "Add All" for all contacts or "Add Multiple" for a few contacts

9.  Select "Send"

10.  Select the new or destination phone name as shown  in the Bluetooth menu

11.  The source phone will connect to the destination phone, the destination phone will request permission twice, and then the contacts will transfer..

12.  If the destination phone already has one or more of the transfered contacts, there will now be two copies on the destination.  Individually erase any copy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola W755 Contact Backup Option for Unavailable Backup Assistant with Error 3332?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RICPAR1, the W755 is a great phone, and we really want you to enjoy it.  I also understand how important it is for you to be able to transfer your contacts.  It sounds like you have a model that never received the last software update that would have allowed you to use the Backup Assistant program. Can you tel us more about where and when you got this phone?

Ralph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Motorola W755 Contact Backup Option for Unavailable Backup Assistant with Error 3332?
RICPAR1

I bought it in the resalle market.  It appears new and it is activated on my account.  I had to selectively manually enter some of the contacts.  What are my options based on my detailed questions? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insights. What is the application you use to back up your contacts and information? Maria_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RICPAR1

I do not have an application to backup contacts.  I was asking if Phone Tools would work on Win 7 or above or is there another PC or cloud option since Backup Assistant is not downloadable anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can try to use Google Drive. Another options would be to reach out to Windows for more information on their software.

0 Likes