Multimedia text
ginger1029

I have accidentally turned on multimedia when sending a text. I don't know how I did this and do not know how to turn it off. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multimedia text
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean by "turned on multimedia" ... are you sending picture texts or texts with emoticons?  Those will be processed/sent automatically as multimedia texts.

0 Likes
ginger1029

Just text - no pictures or emoticons..it is a quick  message about multimedia being sent and there was also a quick note that the message was being sent to all? Have I turned on something that sends a message to all of my contacts? Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you send the text to multiple recipients?  That would also be a multimedia message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there ginger1029,

Phones these days are capable of doing so much and I absolutely want to make sure you know how to use yours to its full functionality.  Did you send a text to multiple people? Did you include a picture, sound file, video? These are all examples of multimedia messages.  Which make and model device do you have?

Please include additional details so that I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tikibar1, pictures are worth a thousand words. This is what multimedia messaging means: http://vz.to/1ew3sMG

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ginger1029, thanks for the description. You sent, what is considered a standard text message. You can verify the recipients in the "To:" field of your text message.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

tikibar1, pictures are worth a thousand words. This is what multimedia messaging means: http://vz.to/1ew3sMG

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support

Yes, I know what they are; I was explaining it to the OP.