My LG Cosmos Touch will not download pictures from texts anymore
obrnlori

For the last couple of weeks..my phone will not download pictures or texts containing a lot of bytes...according to Verizon...this phone is designed to only accept up to 3500 bytes and all the newer phones send texts with pic about 30,000 bytes....and there is no solution beyond getting a newer phone..but I do not want to pay for an internet plan...so..is there any other way to get my phone to download these things sent to me? And yes..I have taken out battery as was instructed...just hoping there is a solution that this verizon rep does not know about...I feel like this is gonna be like the Daily Scoop issue.... Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG Cosmos Touch will not download pictures from texts anymore
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi obrnlori,

I am happy to provided you with an alternate way to view your pictures until you decide to upgrade to a new phone. I would suggest forwarding the picture to your free Pix Place account on our web site. Here is some information to assist you with establishing an account and transferring pictures to Pix Place  Additionally, you can also forward the picture directly to your e-mail address and view the picture via your PC.  I am hopeful this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional concern.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
moparfreak426
Enthusiast - Level 3

sadly there is no way to download it on your LG cosmos touch:( i have the same phone....  same thing here. That's why verizon just released the LG extravert as a replacement for the Cosmos touch

0 Likes
PF570
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the lg extravert and cannot download pics. Also, cannot get additional wallpapers for the phone.  After playing with this phone for a bit, don't know if I like it.  think the lg revere did more then this one does.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi PF570,

It's unfortunate you are experiencing problems with picture messaging as well. Have you ever been able to download pictures on the LG Extravert? Where are you attempting to get wallpapers from? I would be happy to take a look at your account to ensure you have the correct features in place. At your convenience please DM me your wireless number.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PF570
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi; I cannot download wallpapers at all. Tried through the website, it says phone is not capable of using website that I must use phone. Went into Media and nothing (no wallpapers) available to download or purchase. BUT, I can now send pictures from the computer to the vzwpix.com with no problem and store them on phone.

570-238-0352 LG Extravert 50 monthly unlimited prepaid

0 Likes
aliej

my phone is not accepting photo texts and never has. i just set it up today. i bought a unlimited plan, so it should be able to recieve them. how do i fix it? or rather, what can verizon do? i just bought a month by month plan and wouldnt have purchased this phone had i known it didnt recieve photos.

0 Likes
moparfreak426
Enthusiast - Level 3

it should recieve pictures unless it is blocked on the phone. If you got it new, you should be able to recieve them. If you bought it used check out the settings, security, restrictions, and adjust it however. or call *611 for help.

0 Likes