Re: My Samsung Brightside wont turn on
B33
Legend

Mark the Battery might be completely Drained did you give it a Full charge for about 8 hours? after installing it.. 

0 Likes
mark_at_home

It’s a new battery I got today, so no. But I will leave it charged for the next 8 hours.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well brand new batteries can be discharged when they get to the Customer if there in the Warehouse for a Long period of time. If you'll be for up a while mark and you want to check it in say 2 more hours pull it off the charger and see if it fire up and if you have an out side display on your phone what's that showing is the battery indicator bars going from left to right that's one way you can see if there is any activity and you know it's hopefully charging..

0 Likes
mark_at_home

It shows the Verizon logo, but won’t do anything else.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Then i say it's day's are done and needs to be replaced.. Sorry Mark.. b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us mark_at_home. I am sorry to see the battery replacement did not work. Is there any physical or water damage to your phone? If not, have you tried taking the phone to a corporate store location to see if they can flash the software on your phone? For a list of our corporate store locations, click http://bit.ly/3SdsA 

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem as the member posted above -my power button will no longer work and now I can't turn my phone back on.

I tried the suggestion you mentioned: pulling the battery for 60 seconds and then reinserting and holding the power button for 30 secs but it still won't turn on. I also tried restarting while on the charger. Nothing's working...

I hope you'll be able to reach out to me or have someone else contact me as this is extremely disappointing. I'd like a VZW customer rep to help me resolve this issue, without me being forced to spend my way out of a crappy phone that I was sold..

sherbear6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday my power button stopped working as well. Tonight I was sending a text and my screen went crazy then completely white. I took the battery out to restart it forgetting that it did not work! Now, I have no phone either. I have had it well over the one year warranty but less than the two years to upgrade. It is very disappointing to see all of these posts with the same issue. I would love to call you Verizon but seeings how my phone won't even turn on, well that makes it rather difficult. It sucks that we have to enter into two year contracts to get a "reduced" price for a phone that is never going to last the two years needed. It is a shame that these are not being dealt with. This many people should not be having the same issues and I do agree that we should not be forced to spend our way out of a crappy phone. We should also not be forced into buying unnecessary insurance for crappy phones when they break through no fault of our own! My daughter had to switch back to a chocolate touch phone because her Brightside messed up several months ago. What should have been an upgrade, as you call it, for both of us has been anything but that. And by the way, no there is no water or physical damage to my phone.

0 Likes
xemeric

This happened to me today.  I find it strange it's one week from when the previous post had their issue.  I phoned Verizon to say I wanted software upgraded and was only told my device had the newest software.  Where's the glitch then.  This phone was not damaged, but now I can't even turn it on!!!!  Never had a problem until the day I end up with two family members in the same household in the hospital.  Super fun trying to keep everyone abreast of their health situations without a phone...Thanks Verizon NOT  Thank GOD for Facebook and other WORKING devices!

Now I am trying to switch my Samsung Brightside to my nieces old Samsung bright side and it says this device is no longer compatible with my plan...What the hell?  Makes no sense this is the same phone I have now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi xemeric,

Oh My! I would be frustrated as well if my phone did not work! I am here to help out. I am following you, please follow me in return. Then send me a DM to (bobbys_vzw). I would like to assist you offline. I am sure we can resolve this.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes