Re: My Samsung Brightside wont turn on
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

and

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Meaghan515
Enthusiast - Level 2

These replies all sound great and cheery/helpful, but I still haven't heard

from anyone.

0 Likes
Mad_Mike

Yeah the exact same thing happened to my Brightside two days ago. I tried the same fixes above. When I plug in the charger it shows that it's attempting to charge but it won't turn on or "boot up"

Thank God I still have the internet and I was talked out of getting rid of my land line...what a hunk of junk. Going to Best Buy tomorrow.

0 Likes
namas

I am having the same issue with my daughters phone.  Won't  power on.  Tried the battery thing a few times.  So seems strange that all these people are having the exact same issue all at the same time.

Is there anything that Verizon can do to help with this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A non-working phone can definitely be a headache, Mad_Mike. Have you had the chance to go by the store already? What was the outcome? I am here to assist! I want to make sure we get your issue resolved!

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Mad_Mike

Best Buy was useless because they are just a Verizon authorized dealer...so I went to the nearby Verizon store where they verified that it was indeed broken and said I could come back and they would help transfer the contacts list from old to new. I received a replacement handset in the mail today with instructions on how to activate the new one and mail the old one back.

Hopefully this is not a recurring thing...but I'm usually not so lucky. My luck in the past has been original equipment makers (OEM) have continued to replace parts (usually computer hardware components) repeatedly until the warranty runs out. A lot of consumer electronics are "throw away" quality these days--low quality and cheaper to replace than to repair.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mad_Mike it's our goal to ensure that you have working device. We're relieved to hear that a replacement device is on the way to you. As a reflection of our commitment to you, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty which provides you with a replacement device when we're unable to resolve your device issues. Did you know that we provide Total Equipment Coverage too? http://bit.ly/13EUp25 This feature covers your device beyond the 12 month warranty.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fabfords

My daughters Samsung Brightside is having the exact same problem. I have spent the last hour trying to fix this, and have tried all of the suggestions posted here and elsewhere. Has anyone had any good results?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fabords- I am sorry to hear that your daughters phone is having the same issues. Does the phone have any kind of physical or liquid damage to it? If the phone is less than a year old or if you have the Total Equipment Protection on the phone it could be replaced under the warranty. I would love to look deeper into this for you. I requested to follow you, if you could accept that request and then follow me back. Once that has been done you can Direct message me and we can look over the account with each other.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes