My Samsung Gusto was purchased in May. Tonight, after working perfectly fine, the battery died, when I put it on the charger for an hour I went to turn it on and it no longer turns on. Lights up at initial plug in but no further action. The phone has no w
AshleykCarter

My Samsung Gusto was purchased in May. Tonight, after working perfectly fine, the battery died, when I put it on the charger for an hour I went to turn it on and it no longer turns on. Lights up at initial plug in but no further action. The phone has no water damage, what happened?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Gusto was purchased in May. Tonight, after working perfectly fine, the battery died, when I put it on the charger for an hour I went to turn it on and it no longer turns on. Lights up at initial plug in but no further action. The phone has
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

AshleykCarter,

Let's solve this mystery together! Have you removed the battery from the device to ensure there is no corrosion or damage? Are you using the stock charger that was included with the device? As long as there is no physical/liquid damage and your device is covered under warranty, if needed we can replace it for you.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Gusto was purchased in May. Tonight, after working perfectly fine, the battery died, when I put it on the charger for an hour I went to turn it on and it no longer turns on. Lights up at initial plug in but no further action. The phone has
sleepycap2
Contributor - Level 1

The cause of the phone's inactivity could be due to the phone or could be due to the charger. The charger could be loosely wired and not tighten enough to connect the power source. It could be due to the phone's battery which does not store enough power to start up and become activated. Maybe it takes some more time charging or maybe when you plug in to the wall outlet just happens to not in the sourcing the power so try out different ways to resolve or eliminate the reason for its inactivity. Good luck! Smiley Happy 

0 Likes