My pantech hotshot will send but not receive text messages
copanfan

I have a Pantech Hotshot that was working fine then all of the sudden it quit receiving text messages but it will still send them OK. I have tried pulling the battery and calling *228 but neither of them worked.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My pantech hotshot will send but not receive text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Your phone should certainly send/receive messages, copafan. How long have you had this Hotshot? Did you get it brand new? Are you the Account Owner? It sounds like there could be some settings/provisioning that need to be adjusted on your account. If you're the Account Owner, please log into My Verizon and make sure you have the text message feature, and there are no blocks. Otherwise, you can send me a Direct Message and I will be able to better assist you.   Thank you, VanessaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My pantech hotshot will send but not receive text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Your phone should certainly send/receive messages, copafan. How long have you had this Hotshot? Did you get it brand new? Are you the Account Owner? It sounds like there could be some settings/provisioning that need to be adjusted on your account. If you're the Account Owner, please log into My Verizon and make sure you have the text message feature, and there are no blocks. Otherwise, you can send me a Direct Message and I will be able to better assist you.   Thank you, VanessaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes